21- Discussion

Theseus had been resting for four days by the time he felt well enough to discuss the man who tried to kill him. His shoulder had been reduced to a dull aching pain. It was just annoying to him now, quite frankly.

               And that was no exception now, as he sat with his family in the small discussion room. The room was usually used by his father and his advisors, but now the four of them sat in it.

             Their father was the one to start the conversation. "We need to decide what to do with the man who stabbed Theseus."

Yes, the discussion was about what to do with him. Specifically, whether they should exile, execute or imprison him.

The room was silent a moment more after that. For them to weigh the options. Until Techno spoke, "Execution."

Wilbur glanced to Techno, then at their father. "I don't mind what we do. As long as he gets whats coming to him."

Phil nodded at the two choices, and turned to Theseus. "What do you think?"

Theseus didn't know what to think. Yes, the man deserved a punishment, but death..? He didn't want to be responsible for someone dying.

But then again, maybe thats what was deserved. There was always the chance that if he lived he would find his way back and finish Theseus off. But there was also the guilt. He would live forever though, so maybe it could be something he could live with.

"I think that execution might be the best option." Sure, he would have to live with the guilt for some decades but he wouldn't need to worry for his life.

"So he'll be executed, by beheading."
             Theseus nodded quietly. He'd just sealed someones fate. It made him feel sick. Or maybe it was his sickness. It had been getting worse, after all.

He tuned the rest of the discussion out after that; it held no importance to him. All it was was when the execution would be held and at what time.

He only got out of his daydreaming when Wilbur tapped on his shoulder lightly. Theseus turned behind him to look at him, "The meeting is over." Wilbur said simply.

Theseus nodded and got up. He followed his brothers through the halls, not really listening to their conversation. Instead, he looked at the walls. The paintings specifically. The portraits of the family, the ones that contained everyone but Theseus. He stopped in front of the one with his mother.

His brothers noticed his stopping and staring and stood with him. "She was pretty." Theseus whispered.

"Yeah. She was." Techno responded, then he gently grabbed Theseus' shoulder and led him down the hall.

They were going to his room, he realized. Probably to make sure he got more rest. He noticed that his brothers had gotten increasingly more worried about him after the poisoning and the stabbing.

Once they did reach his room, they sat on his couch and asked for tea from a maid. They did this often, got tea and talked.

Theseus assumed it was because they wanted to make up for lost time with their little meetings.

He couldn't deny that he liked them, either. They made him happy. Happy that he could talk with them like this now.

Yes, he liked his brothers. And he liked that he would live with them forever. Well, if he could survive the poison long enough to get the antidote, that is.

----------
Hello!

Nice and unedited.

I don't know if I want to do a good ending or bad ending.

But we're getting close to the end.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav