20- Attempted murder

That night, Theseus awoke to the door of his room creaking open. His eyes snapped open and he looked in the direction of the door. There was no one there. The only odd thing was that the door was opened slightly.

He closed his eyes again. He laid there peacefully until he began to feel a sense of... dread? After he opened his eyes once again, he saw someone.

Someone was standing next to his bed.
He stiffened immediately, but didn't move. Not until he saw the glint of a dagger in the light of the moon. He instantly jumped back in his bed when the person brought it down, aiming for his chest.

At this moment, the person realized he was awake and flung themselves at Theseus. He once again threw himself out of the way and off his bed. He scrambled up and sprinted towards his door.

He flung it open and began sprinting down the hall. He could hear the person behind him. Who could he go to? He couldn't take an armed person to his father. Not to Wilbur. But Techno... Techno has fighting experience.

Theseus flew through the hall and down a flight of stairs; skipping the last few steps. When Techno's room door came into his sight, he began shouting.

"TECHNO! WAKE THE FUCK UP!"

The person was right behind him at this point and the door was so close; yet so far. He was getting tired, he realized.

Theseus pushed himself to go further, but he took a breath in quickly as he went flying to the ground.

The person stood huffing in front of him; still on their feet. He pushed himself back quickly, as the man talked. "How...annoying." He raised the dagger up.

"What are you doing?" A monotone voice sounded behind them. Theseus whipped his head around to see Techno, in all of his glory, holding a sword.

            In Theseus' distraction, he didn't notice the dagger going straight for him. It went straight into his shoulder. He screamed.

           His vision blurred from the pain as he tried to move his arm to bring himself away from the person who just stabbed him. Shit. He vaguely saw a blob of pink go flying past him. Techno?

          Theseus managed to push himself up against the wall. He must've blacked out, because Wilbur was suddenly crouched in front of him. "Oh my..." he whispered, gagging slightly before gripping on the dagger sticking out of Theseus' shoulder. He pulled on it, presumably trying to take it out, but once Theseus screamed again he stopped.

         Techno was there too now, and shoved Wilbur out of the way. "Don't touch it, dumbass. Its whats stopping the worst of the bleeding." Wilbur nodded silently.

          "oh god, my stomach cant handle this." He remarked, turning to the side and throwing his guts up.

          "Yeah? Try being the one with a dagger sticking out of your shoulder." Theseus said annoyedly.

          Techno turned to address the knights. "Take him to the dungeons. We'll decide what to do once Theseus has healed enough." The guards nodded, bowed then dragged away the unconscious body of the man who stabbed Theseus.

          "Cmon. We have to take you to the infirmary." With that, Techno swept Theseus up and began going down the hall with him in his arms. "Don't fall asleep until I tell you you can." Theseus nodded, trying to keep his mind off the searing pain in his shoulder.

           That was hard though, as the pain was making it hard to think. But one thing that occupied his mind was that this was the third time. The third time he'd had an assassination attempt against him.

           The two poisonings and the dagger currently in his shoulder. At the very least, he couldn't say his life was uneventful.

            Once they reached the infirmary, Techno laid Theseus down on the bed in the room, and rummaged through the cabinets. He came back with a needle, thread, two cloths, and alcohol.

            Techno shifted his glasses up, and tossed a cloth to Wilbur. He gave Theseus the other one. "Bite down on it. This is going to hurt." He tied the thread to the needle, then dipped it into the alcohol.

          He jumped when the door burst open, revealing their father. "What the hell happened?" He asked breathlessly. He quieted when he saw Theseus laying with the dagger embedded in him.

          Silently, he went to Theseus' side and held onto his hand. Techno glanced at their father before turning to Wilbur. "Hold the cloth down around the dagger. I'm pulling it out."

          At those words, Theseus shoved the cloth into his mouth. He didn't need to wake up the next kingdom over with his screams.

          Wilbur did what Techno asked and pressed the cloth around the dagger. Then, Techno wrapped both his hands around the hilt of the dagger and pulled.

           Theseus gripped his father's hand tightly and bit down on the cloth to hold back his screams. Tears pricked at his eyes from the pain, but he refused to let them fall. To put it short, it hurt like hell.

           As soon as it was out, Wilbur looked sick and Techno shoved him out of the way. He took the cloth from Wilbur and pressed down onto the wound. Theseus was seeing stars at this point.

           Techno hastily got the needle, moved the cloth and got the doing the stitches. It still hurt like hell, but not like how the dagger did.

            Theseus could've cried once Techno finished. Techno soaked the cloth in alcohol, wiped the stitches with it gently, then wrapped it in bandages.

           He let the cloth fall away from his mouth and took his hand from his fathers. "That was the worst thing I've done in my life." He said simply, tossing the cloth over onto the dresser.

          "Yeah, well you can sleep now." Techno said, amused.

          "Good." He replied, before closing his eyes.

          As he drifted away, he heard Wilbur's voice, "Goodnight, Sunshine."

---------
Hello!

This chapter is very nice and unedited.

Im pretty sure its also one of my longest ones.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav