02.5- The talk

For a large portion of Wilburs life he ignored his brother. But why? Theres plenty of reasons.

          Wilbur was young when Theseus was born and his mother died, naturally he needed something to blame. Or a someone. That someone was Theseus.

           He blamed his little brother for the death of his mother, for if they never had him, his mother would still be alive.

           When he got older, he began to feel guilty. He began to realize that it was no ones fault. It just happens sometimes. That was when he decided he wanted to be close with Theseus, how most normal brothers would.

             But there was the problem of his twin and father. They thought the same way as he used to, and he had to make them realize what he did. So he set up a meeting of sorts with them.

              He began with a deep breath, and then his speech that he had rehearsed so many times. "Uhm, I wanted to talk about Theseus." His family seemed surprised, but gave no comment otherwise.

              "We... we haven't been good to him, at all.  We've ignored him his entire life. His sixteenth birthday was just a few days ago and he didn't even have us there for that. I think-"

                Techno interrupted, "Wilbur. He killed our mother." Phil said nothing, only glanced between the boys. This ticked Wilbur off a bit, no one killed her.

                "No, Techno. No one killed our mother. And even if someone did, Theseus should've been the last person we blamed." Techno opened his mouth to respond, Wilbur held up a hand and continued.

                "We've barely ever even talked to him, he spent sixteen years alone, without his family. We didn't think of Theseus the way we should've. We thought of him as what killed mom, when we should've seen him as the only thing left of her."

                 There were no rebuttals. They knew he was right, so there was silence for a while. That was until Phil spoke up.

                 "You're right Wilbur. We've done it all wrong. We can start now, its never too late after all. We have all of eternity."

                  If only they knew then that their immortal family wasn't so immortal after all...

--------

A little backstory for you.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav