??- Resitance

He looked up as his friend entered the room. It had been some time since they'd poisoned the prince, and also since their last meeting. And yet, the prince was still alive.

         The prince was a lot more resistant to the poison than the queen was. This presented an issue.

        "Its been a week. The prince is still alive, but the queen only lasted five days. Do you think it wore off?" His friend asked. He swirled his tea around in his cup before looking up at his friend.

        "I'd think so. So you're just going to have to poison him again." His friend furrowed his eyebrows at this.

        "Its hard to get that poison. Expensive too. I cant just get another-" he cut his friend off by throwing his dagger into the wall next to his head. His friend glanced from the dagger to him.

       "Figure it out." His friend nodded silently before making his way out of the house. How annoying. His friend couldn't even poison someone right.

      It was... disappointing to say the least. The prince should've died already, but he was still living. He'd even seen the prince in town.

     A second round of poison should do the job. He stood and moved over to his planning wall and stared at the prince's photo. A sudden burst of anger filled him at the sight of the boys smiling face.

     He walked to the other side of the room and yanked his dagger out of the wall and threw it hard. Straight at, and through the prince's photo.

      He would have to be patient. Wait for the second round of poison to work. Yes, he could be patient. After all, you do need patience to be a king, don't you?

-------
Hello!

This chapter was a little short. But i do promise that the next chapter will be longer. I'm aiming for 800-1000 words.

Thank you for 100 reads by the way <33

Anyways,
Have a wonderful day!