13- The consequences of actions

When he got back home, his brothers were waiting. He sighed before going up to them. Techno was staring daggers straight at him and Wilbur looked disappointed.

As soon as he was within three feet of them, Techno glared at him even harsher than before. "What the hell were you thinking going out with no guards?" Theseus shrugged.

"I've done it before, you just didn't notice the first time." Techno's eyes practically bulged out of his head at this fact.

Techno sighed heavily before taking Theseus' wrist and dragging him back into the palace. "Don't do that again, Theseus. It's dangerous for you to be alone in town." He didn't say anything. He just listened to Techno lecture him on the dangers of being alone in town.

      Wilbur followed them, not saying a word as he did so. Techno led them back to his room and sat Theseus down, he stayed standing.

"What is going on Theseus? What did you need to go out to town for so badly?"Thesues frowned at this interrogation.

      "I wanted to see Puffy." He said, staring straight at Techno. There was silence after this. No one talked, just glanced around the room awkwardly.

"And you couldn't have gone out with guards to do that.?" Theseus shook his head no mutely. "Just send letters to her now instead." Techno mumbled exasperatedly.

It wasn't a bad idea, now that Theseus thought about it. "I will." He said simply. This seemed to ease Technos initial anger and annoyance.

      "Good. And if you really want to go out that bad, I could teach you how to fight. You need to be able to defend yourself if you want go without guards." He said.

"Really?" Theseus asked hopefully. Techno was quite literally the best swordsman in the kingdom. He'd trained since he was eight, and to be trained by him would mean for Theseus to be good at fighting as well.

Maybe it would even help him fight off the poison until Puffy got the cure. Techno nodded before asking if he and Wilbur wanted tea.

Theseus and Wilbur both accepted. His throat was starting to hurt once again, and he figured tea should soothe it. He lightly sipped on his tea and listened to Techno and Wilbur chat about random assorted subjects.

That was until Wilbur began questioning him for the second time that day. Wilbur suddenly turned to him, "Theseus, I'm curious. What did you do when you were younger?"

Theseus frowned. He didn't do much of anything but read, paint and talk to Puffy and Sam. Now that he thought about it, his childhood was kind of... sad.

He decided that Wilbur and Techno didn't really need to know this. It's not like they were there for it anyways. "Well I mostly read, and painted."

"That's it?" Wilbur responded. Theseus scowled at this, thats it.? His brothers always asked insensitive questions. Maybe they didn't mean it that way? But it didn't matter now, because Theseus was already annoyed with the question.

"Yes. That's it." Theseus responded, gritting his teeth as he does so. Wilbur didn't seem to pick up on his bad mood, and continued talking. "Oh, well that's a bit boring, isn't it? Techno and I did a lot. We played games a lot too! Like hide and seek, or tag. Did you not do any of that with Puffy or Sam?"

It seemed that Wilbur had absolutely no talking filter and couldn't take a hint. Techno apparently also realized this because he sent Wilbur a warning glare. Theseus held onto his tea cup tightly and clenched his jaw.

"No. I didn't. I'm not surprised the two of you did more than I did as a kid."

"You're not? I was surprised with how little you did" Wilbur said, surprised.

"Oh my god! How fucking insensitive are you?! Maybe I didn't do much in my childhood because my brothers were too busy doing whatever the fuck they wanted and ignoring me! What was I meant to do with a family that treated me like I didn't exist?!" Wilbur and Techno's eyes were wide now. They said nothing, just stared.

Theseus shoved his chair back and and turned to the door. He opened it and was about to leave the room when he paused, "You two really were the worst. You all were." With that, he slammed the door shut.

-------
Hello,

I would like to say in advance that once i finish this book, I will be taking a week or two break before starting the sequel.

During this break, I will most likely be working on getting my other book out of hiatus and working on chapters for it. Also on chapters of the sequel and the other books coming after it.

I will have a set date for the sequel of this book to start being published, which will be said in my final A/N.

And also between the time this book is ongoing and once its completed and i take my break, updates will become much more slow for a good week. As in two weeks from now. Just saying in advance <3

This chapter went through five rounds of editing. Send help.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav