12- The beginning of an investigation

He ran for a while until he felt tired. At that time, he walked. He walked until he reached the town. And at that moment, he realized he didn't really know where to get help.

So he just walked the streets, looking into shops and occasionally going into them. He did this until he spotted someone in the crowd. This someone was Puffy. He realized he hadn't seen her or Sam in a while, they'd both quit their jobs a year or two ago. He couldn't remember. Time blurred by when you were lonely.

He simply stared in her direction for a while, at a loss as to how to approach her. She suddenly looked up from where she was inspecting fruits, and looked around, supposedly feeling the stare and looking for the source of it.

Her eyes finally landed on Theseus, and she seemed surprised. Then a slow, soft smile came across her face and she began to make her way towards him. He waited where he was standing for her, what else could he do?

Once she reached him, she took a slight breath in. "Theseus. You look older, taller maybe. How are you?" He slowly returned the smile.

What to say to that question. He could say; "Oh, I'm just casually dying of an unknown poison of unknown origin which also potentially killed my mother." or the normal, expected; "Oh, I'm fine."

He decided on the normal expected answer. "I'm fine, Puffy. How are you?" She gave a slight nod at his answer before giving her own, "Well, you know how it goes. Why are you out? Without guards especially?"

Theseus laughed nervously, "Well, technically I'm not supposed to be out. I... I need your help. But I'm not going to tell you what for until we're somewhere more private."

Puffy didn't question him, just simply grabbed his hand and led him through town and towards her house.

          They spent a while like that, until they reached the outside of a nice looking cottage. Puffy let go of his hand and dug through her bag until she found her keys.

          She then unlocked the door and held it wide open for Theseus to follow her in. It was cozy inside, with some photos of her and some other people on the walls, along with some paintings and shelves holding books.

         She led him down the hall and into the living room. It was a nice room; there was a window sear along with two armchairs and a couch. There was a carpet and coffee table too, with a few coasters on the top of it along with a candle and a vase of flowers.

        Much like the hall, this room also had shelves and paintings decorating the walls. There was even a photo of him hanging on the wall, which brought a smile to his face.

        He sat on the couch as she went to the kitchen. "Do you want some tea? Water?" Puffy called from the kitchen. "No, I'm alright." He replied.

        She didn't say anything then, and came out from the kitchen a moment later with a mug of tea in her hands. She sat in the armchair next tot he couch Theseus was sitting on.

        Puffy took a sip of tea before speaking. "What is it that you wanted help with?" The dreaded question. He thought of the ways to answer, and decided on saying it sort of gently.

       "Well, is there a poison that could... potentially kill an immortal?" Puffy furrowed her eyebrows and set her mug down onto a coaster.

       "I think so? Its more of fable, really. Something people whisper about in the underground market. Ive heard of people getting it, but for a pricey cost. It's not exactly a common poison-" she cut herself off suddenly. "Theseus why did you ask me this?"

       A deep frown was across her face and Theseus stiffened. "I- my mother had odd symptoms before her death. Immortals don't get sick, which was why it was weird. I have the same symptoms." Puffy's eyes widened greatly at this confession and Theseus immediately tried to lessen her apparent shock and worry.

      "I asked about the poison because I thought maybe my mother and I were poisoned. But I might've just done the impossible and gotten sick. Maybe I'm not even immortal?"

     This did not lessen Puffy's worry. Her eyes practically fell out of their sockets at this other confession.

    "Theseus! How long has this been going on?! When were you going to tell me?! This- you could die!"

    "Uhm... a week I think?"

    "A WEEK?!"

     He laughed nervously, maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Puffy rambled on and on about how stupid he was to not say anything, but stopped eventually and the room faded into silence.

     "Puffy. You're the only one I trusted enough to help me, I need you to try and find out who poisoned me and try and find a cure. Please." Puffy's face softened at this, and she smiled.

     "Of course I will. I cant have my boy dying on me, can I?" He smiled back in return.

     Now he had his help, and he just had to be patient. He would live. He was sure of it now.

--------
Hello!

Thank you for 200 reads <333

Figured I'd make this chapter quite a bit longer to make up for the last shorter chapters.

Its also nice and unedited

Have a wonderful day!
-Lav