03- Waking up

Theseus woke up on the floor, with his head hurting and the sound of knocking on his door. He picked himself up and off the floor, swaying a little, but he steadied himself.

               He took a deep breathe and walked over to the door. He unlocked it and swung it open, to see Wilbur. "About time you answered the door. I came up here to- wait, are you ok? You look awfully pale."

               "Im perfectly fine Wilbur. Now tell me what you came up here for." Theseus replied, annoyed.

               "I came to invite you to dinner. Father asked me to invite you." Theseus began to feel nauseous at this point, and he wanted this to be over as soon as possible.

                "Yes, I'll go to dinner. Just give me a few minutes please." Wilbur nodded and Theseus closed the door straight in his face. He turned and rushed to his bathroom, and spilled his guts straight into the toilet.

                When he opened his eyes, he saw red. He'd thrown up blood. Then he started coughing, he coughed until his throat was raw and it hurt to swallow. He pushed himself up and flushed the toilet.

              Dinner. He still had to go to dinner. He went to his door and opened it again. "Lets go Wilbur." Wilbur gave him an odd look before walking back down the stairs. Theseus followed.

              They went through the halls until they reached the dining room. Wilbur pushed the door open and held it for Theseus to enter in front of him.
He went into the room, his father sat at the head of the table with Techno to the left of him. The chairs across from Techno were empty.

               Theseus went to the side with empty chairs, and sat as far away from his father as possible without it looking rude. Wilbur sat next to him, Phil on his left.

                "Theseus! I'm glad you came down for dinner." Phil said. Theseus nodded and looked down at his plate. The rest of his family made conversation until the food came out.

                 It hurt his throat to eat, but he didn't want to seem odd to his "family". He didn't talk either, in fear that his voice would sound weird or that it would become awkward.

               Once they all finished, the king dismissed them, and Theseus couldn't be any happier. That was the worst dinner he's had in a while, and he ate alone for sixteen years.

                He left the room and waited for the rest of his family to spread out and away from the dining room before going to the doctors hall.

                Knocking on the door quietly, he stepped into the office. There were a few beds and a desk shoved into a corner of the room, where someone sat.

                 They immediately got up when they saw it was Theseus and bowed. "What do you need?" They asked, going over to him.

"Can you tell me what sort of disease someone has by symptoms?" They nodded, and he continued.

"Dizziness, coughing and throwing up blood, and light headedness?"

"There is no disease that really matches with that. Not for immortals such as yourself. Not since... not since your mother." Theseus stiffened, before nodding and turning to leave. He however stopped at the doorway and looked back.

"Oh, don't tell anyone about this please." The nurse nodded and walked back to the desk. Theseus left to his room.

He felt sick yet again. His mother... she was sick before she died, and now Theseus may have the very same thing that killed her. He doesn't even know how much time he has left.

Maybe he shouldn't have been so cold towards Wilbur, it seemed that he was making an effort to talk to him. He decided he wouldn't be as rude to him, and that he would try too. Who knows how much time he has left? He might as well live how he would like to.

--------