16- The apology

The day after he sent the letter to Puffy, he was already feeling impatient for the reply. He sat in his room, eying the door anxiously, waiting for a knock. Hopefully, when there was a knock on the door, it would be a maid giving him Puffy's response.

       He tapped his fingers restlessly on his desk. Where was it? Was he too impatient? Probably. But you tend to be that way when you're slowly dying.

         His thoughts were cut off once he heard the sound he so hoped to hear: a knock. He got out of his seat and swung the door open excitedly. What he saw though, disappointed him.

        Wilbur and Techno stood there. Wilbur looked a little anxious and Techno looked monotone as ever. Theseus glanced at the both of them confused.

       "What is it?" He asked.

       "What? We cant come and see our brother? We just wanted to-" Wilbur was cut off my Techno elbowing him. Wilbur rubbed his side with a glare towards Techno before continuing.

      "Ok. I wanted to apologize for what I said yesterday." Oh. An apology. Theseus was not expecting this, but he decided the apology was welcomed anyway.

"Oh, well its perfectly fine." Theseus shifted a little uncomfortably as Wilbur and Techno didn't move.

After a beat of silence, Techno cleared his throat. "Would you like to come with Wilbur and I to the gardens again?" This eliminated the awkwardness.

Theseus found that he liked the first time they'd done so, so he said yes. As they waked through the halls, Theseus tried not to think about the letter.

The walk was silent. None of them said anything; they didn't even look at each other. Theseus figured there would be a sense of awkwardness for a while, like how it was when you just made friends and didn't exactly know what to say. Not that he ever made or had any friends.

      Once they reached the garden, they sat under the gazebo and drank their tea. Just as they did the first time. Theseus wouldn't mind for this to be a annual sort of thing.

      "The ball is in some time, isn't it?" Techno asked suddenly. Wilbur immediately lightened up at this.

      "Oh, yes it is! I think it will be one that will go down in history. An extravagant party, I think." Theseus nodded along and Techno smiled slightly.

      "Did our outfits ever arrive?" Theseus asked. He never wondered about it until now, his whole poisoning thing must've effected it in some way.

     Wilbur nodded. "As the appointment got... interrupted; we just took the measurements from your other clothes for yours. I believe they will all arrive in two days time."

     With that, Techno spoke up. "Speaking of the interruption, how are you feeling?" He asked, directing the question straight at Theseus.

     He stiffened slightly. Should he tell them? It may pay for him to. Maybe they could help him live long enough for Puffy to retrieve the cure. Yes, he decided. He would tell them.

     Theseus took a deep breath. "I must tell you two something. I needed to talk to Puffy because-"

     Suddenly, the door to the gardens creaked open, and a maid came through and stopped in front of them. She curtsied before speaking, "Greetings, your highnesses. Your father requests your presences." She curtsied again, and left back through the door.

     They glanced at each other before getting up and tucking their chairs back under the small table, abandoning their tea.

     Techno looked at Theseus for a moment, before beginning to lead the way into the castle. Wilbur and Theseus followed.

      Once they were inside, Theseus tried to wander off. He didn't want to go with his brothers to an audience with their father. He walked quietly to the left, the complete opposite way of the throne room.

       A moment later, Theseus felt a pull on his arm and he turned to see Techno. He pulled Theseus along with a simple; "Nope."

       Well, now he had no choice. Looks like he would be going to see his father. So much for trying to get away...

------
Hello!

Ive planned so far ahead that I have all 5 ending chapters done. And also the bonus book for when I take my break to begin writing the sequel.

I'm quite sure that this story may end this month or maybe July. Im not sure though.

Im pretty sure in the form of how i number/format my chapters it will end up being around 20 chapters long. Though it will probably come up as 30 or more in terms of how many there actually are.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav