23- Aftermath

Theseus heard the angry man scream. It wasn't even eligible words- just horrified angry yelling. Until suddenly, it stopped. All he could hear was the murmuring of the crowd.

                  He still didn't open his eyes. He was convinced he would throw up if he saw the bloody scene of the execution. And he didn't exactly need to throw up blood in front of a crowd of citizens and his family.

                 Gentle hands went onto his shoulders. "Are you alright? Why are you closing your eyes?" Wilbur's voice.

                "Im fine. I just don't want to see the body." Theseus said, frowning.

                "Oh, well I could lead you to somewhere you cant see it?" Theseus thought for a moment before nodding. Yes, that would be fine.

Wilbur grabbed his hands, and pulled him up gently. His brother led him down the stairs and then in a straightforward direction.

When they stopped, Wilbur let go of his hands. "You cant see it from here, sunshine." He said gently. Theseus opened his eyes.

They were back near the carriage now; a perfectly safe distance from the execution site. Theseus let out a sigh. "Thank you, Wilbur."

Wilbur nodded, looking in the direction they came from. "I think Techno and dad will take a bit longer over there. Why don't we go for tea to pass the time?"

Theseus liked this idea, so he agreed. Wilbur lit up, and began half leading-half dragging Theseus to a tea shop he said was good.

As they walked, some people stared. But oddly enough, they didn't get too close to them. Once they were inside the shop, it was practically the same thing. People looked, but no one came up to them.

Theseus liked it. Normally, people would get all excited and overwhelm them with attention. Maybe Wilbur did something?

He brushed the thought off as they were sat down at a table for two. "Isn't this place nice?" Wilbur asked, smiling widely. Theseus let a small smile come across his face.

"Yes, it's quite nice. Though, I am wondering why-" he was cut off by an employee setting down two teacups and a teapot in front of them. Along with sugar and milk.

Wilbur poured them their tea, and Theseus added sugar to his. He waited for Wilbur to be distracted before dropping his nausea medication in too.

He'd done it with every cup of tea he'd been having for some time. Just to help his sickness. Wilbur didn't notice.

They chatted casually for a few moments, sipping on their tea and laughing. Theseus noticed Wilbur looked like he wanted to say something, but didn't question him about it.

              Wilbur frowned suddenly, setting his teacup down. He looked at Theseus in a worried way. A look he'd been seeing more often- from Techno, Wilbur and Phil alike. They all seemed worried for him.

             "Theseus.? Are you sure you're alright? You've been looking so pale, and you spend so much time in your room in the morning. Much longer than you used to. You dont seem to have an appetite..." he trails off, taking Theseus' hand gently. "You know you can tell me if anything is wrong, right.?"

             Theseus frowned. He couldn't. He couldn't tell Wilbur that he was dying. But it was tempting to. "Im fine, Will. I promise I'll be fine."

            Wilbur nodded, though he didn't seem convinced. For the rest of their time together, Wilbur looked at him in a concerned way as they talked. Theseus said nothing more of the topic.

Until finally, Techno went and found them. He led them back to the carriage where they sat down again to go back to the palace.

All the way, Theseus couldn't help but think that he should tell Wilbur. That he should tell his family.

He told himself it was too late to.

--------
Hello,

We're getting close to the ending.

This is unedited.

-----

The ending chapters will be published on the same day once i finish and edit them.

There are six of them.

Two of them being epilogues. One is the first chapter of white roses.

And one is really short.
------

Two more chapters left and one letter.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav

| Bouquet of Lilies | SBI Royalty AU | written by Lav |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें