07- Going into town

Theseus spent the rest of the night worrying about what would happen in the future. That was until the sun rose. By that time, he was exhausted and couldn't keep his eyes open anymore.

He slept until the afternoon, when there was loud knocking on his door. He could never sleep peacefully without someone banging on his door, could he?

So he waited for the knocking to stop, but it didn't. Whoever it was knocking on his door was insistent on him opening up.

            He gave up after a minute of the knocking. He got up sleepily and stumbled over to the door, and opened it. His brothers stood at the door, with their fists raised up. Most likely to knock yet again.

            "Why are you two here?" Techno and Wilbur exchanged glances and Wilbur nudged Techno with his elbow. In return Techno rolled his eyes and turned to Theseus.

"We would like to invite you to have tea with us this afternoon." Theseus raised an eyebrow and looked back and forth between them.

            "Why do you two keep trying to be around me? It's quite odd." Wilbur laughed, "Well its because you're our-" Theseus cut him off. "Brother? You've said it like ten times just this week."

            "Are you going to go or not?" Techno snapped. Theseus nodded, then waved awkwardly and shut the door. He decided to ignore what just happened, and get dressed.

             He didn't want to draw attention while in town, so he decided on something more casual and bland looking. Grabbing a small bag and a cloak as well.

            Theseus peeked out of his door to make sure his brothers had left before stepping outside. He sped walk through the halls and down the stairs until he reached the entrance of the castle.

With an air of confidence, he strode past the guards and down the path leading to the big metal gate. He glanced at the guards, he looked back at the gate. "Open it. And don't tell anyone I went out."

           "And why should we do that?" One particularly smug guard said. Theseus fixed his worst glare on him. "Why? Because I am your prince. You wouldn't want me going to my father for this incident, would you?" The color drained from the guards face and he opened the gate.

            Theseus let a small grin come upon his face as he walked through the gate and down the long path to the town.

             Along the way, he found someone with a cart headed to town. Their name was Ranboo. They seemed surprised that he was asking them for help, but agreed to take him into the town anyways.

             There was small talk of what was happening in their lives at the moment. They mentioned their friend was in a coma, and that they came a long way to try and find a sort of cure for him. With that thought in mind, Theseus left a small pouch of gold coins for them to find later on. Just to help a bit.

             Theseus made his way through town with his hood up until he reached the pharmacy. He then took the hood down and went up to the counter. No one was standing there, but there was a bell with a small sign saying; 'ring for service'. So he ringed the bell.

A few seconds later, a pink haired woman came to the front. "Hello, what are you looking for?" She said politely. Theseus glanced around the shelves behind the counter before answering.

"Medicine for nausea." She nodded and moved along the shelves before stopping at one all the way in the back. She pulled a small plastic container off the shelf and came back to the counter.

She placed the container down and looked up at Theseus. "One gold coin" she said with a smile. Theseus smiled back and handed her a coin. He then took the medicine and placed it in his bag.

He shouted a "Thank you!" as he left and went onto the street again. He pulled his hood up, and looked around before spotting a book shop. Theseus decided to get a new book from there, so he began heading toward the place.

Looking down into his bag, he rummaged through it to find his coins again. He bumped into someone in the process. He glanced up to see someone in a green cloak, clearly a noble based on the clothing, with an odd porcelain mask on his face with a smile painted on it.

Theseus furrowed his eyebrows in confusion from the mask before muttering a sorry and moving on. There was a tug on his wrist when he began walking away, so he turned around. The masked man was staring at him. "Be more careful, Theseus."

His blood went cold. Theseus. He called him Theseus. There was no way he could've known, he'd hidden his identity so well... And even more odd, he didn't use the title. Who was this guy?

He yanked his arm away from the man and sped walk away, quickly heading into the library. A breath was let out once he smelt the scent of books and candles. He calmed himself down, and browsed the shelves.

He ended up settling on a copy of 'The Wizard of Oz' he stuffed it into his bag after paying, and left the shop with his hood pulled lower on his head. He didn't want to see the weird man again.

It didn't take long to find someone with a cart to bring him back towards the castle. After an hour of being on a dirt road, he finally reached the gate. He strode up to it, and the guards let him in.

He quickly walked to his room in an effort to not let his family see him, and let himself into his room. Throwing his bag down on his bed, he changed out of the bland clothing and into more princely clothing.

He then placed his new book on his shelf, and the medicine in a drawer. And now for the main event of the day. The tea with his brothers.

------
Hello!

This chapter will be important later. Much later. As in sequel book later. I wont be saying what part or why though. :)

I also think this is the longest chapter I've written for this book-

Anyways,

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Lav