3 - Why am I surrounded by jade?

"I'm Chan Bik."

"... Bik as in 'jade'?"

"Yes?"

"..."

"..."

Sek Gon lay down where they had stopped and closed his eyes.

"Hey! What... what are you doing?"

"... Sleeping."

"HERE?"

Her voice was so loud that those people nearby who were not already looking turned and stared.

The pair had stopped at one of the entry gates to a small city along the Jade Road, and Sek Gon was currently lying down right in the middle of it all. People trying to get in and out were staring in bewilderment.

Chan Bik pulled at Sek Gon, highly embarrassed. He responded by flopping face-down on the ground, barely budging as she hauled at the back of his robes.

"I... I'm leaving you here!"

Good.

Sek Gon lay obstinately on his face. Chan Bik dropped down beside him, pleading, "Please get up! I... I'll treat you to some good food, how about that?"

Immediately, Sek Gon climbed to his feet. "Okay."

"..."

Half an hour later found him once more stuffing his face with food. Chan Bik watched with annoyance and sighed. She was no great beauty, but she had a pretty, roundish face, with a button nose and sprinkling of freckles. Her dark brown eyes stared at the freeloader before her.

"If I didn't need to... So who are you?"

"... Sek Gon."

"As in...?"

He explained his name.

"Right... And why are you disguised as the Jade Exorcist?"

"I'm not."

"Are you saying you are the Jade Exorcist? I find that very hard to believe."

"I'm not."

"Do you know who he is?"

"N-"

"Sir Sek!"

Sek Gon, his mouth full of pork dumpling, sighed very deeply within his heart, and wondered when everything had gone wrong.

Gou Dzing came striding into the restaurant and pounced upon the other man with his usual enthusiasm. "I've been looking for you everywhere! Wait, who's this?" He peered closely at Chan Bik. "... Sir Sek, are you sure you're not a fan of mine? Are you a member of a fan group that likes to cosplay as me?"

Sek Gon swallowed down his inner tears and focused on his food.

"This lowly Chan Bik greets a great Master."

"My humble name is Gou Dzing."

The other two greeted each other politely. Chan Bik spoke first, looking a little flustered. "Then... you must be the real Jade Exorcist?"

"That's me." Gou Dzing's handsome face split into a good-natured grin. "Senior Disciple the Way of the Mountain School of the Mount Fa Sect, first son of the Gou Family."

Sek Gon watched him narrowly, a pork bun in each hand, but said nothing.

Chan Bik poured tea for the newcomer. "Have some tea, please. Great Master, would you please listen to my story? Of course, there is no obligation for you to even listen-"