𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍,𝐃

𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍,𝐃.𝐂.

" Are y'all excited about goin home?" Alyssa inquired, swirling her drink in her left palm as we walked on campus. Exams were beginning today, and we would be able to go home soon after.

I adjusted my tote bag on my left shoulder, shrugging. " I don't know, it's been a while since I visited Los Angeles."

Malea hummed in agreement, throwing her braids over her shoulder. " I agree. I already know my mom is gonna be hella' upset about me not coming to visit recently, so I'll be enduring a long-ass lecture as soon as I get home."

I turn to my left, glancing in Alyssa's direction. " What about you, Lyssa?"

She beams, a smile curling on her lips. " I get to see my girlfriend!"

Malea groans, throwing her head back. " Ugh! Must be nice! My girlfriend lives in Houston!"

" Imagine doing long distance," Alyssa snickered, snorting loudly at Malea's sour expression.

" Okay not too much on me, thank you." Malea scowled, throwing up a middle finger Alyssa's way.

I smile at both of them. Alyssa, Malea, and I met during our first year of college at Howard University; granted that I was accepted to this school, I'm glad that I was able to meet my best friends. We were like glue, never separating. Where one person went, we all went. Alyssa was the chaotic one, Malea was the mean one, and I was considered the " chill" one. We leveled each other out.

" Bro!" Alyssa gasps.

" What?" We say in Unison.

" Aigh so tell me why my dumbass professa - Aka Ms. Piggy - gon call me out and ask me questions out loud cus she thought I wasn't payin attention. First of all you fat fuck, I teach my damn self since you neva show up on time and you always makin some dumbass excuses. Secondly, yo bitch ass be smellin like fuckin corn chips and onions. She needa be worried about that funky ass breath of hers and leave me the hell alone. That Hoe had me so fucked up yesterday bra, I swear." Alyssa rambled, her Atlanta accent strengthening.

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing. I bump her shoulder, " Lyssa, be nice."

" Nah cus she got me tight. Needa worry about that fat ass dome on ha' head nd not me. The fuck." She grumbled.

Malea laughs, " You're not wrong though,"

" Thank you!" Alyssa announced loudly, bumping into a guy harshly. " So niggas can't say excuse me?!" She said loudly, scowling at the man.

She rolled her neck, placing her hand on her hip. " You got sum to say?!"

I sighed, gripping Alyssa's wrist, " Lyssa, leave the man alone."

" Nah, if he tryna shake sum we can shake shit up right fuckin now." She scoffed, mean-mugging the guy. The man just continued to walk, shaking his head dismissively with his headphones atop his head.