𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

LOS ANGELES, CALI

LOS ANGELES, CALI.

" Hey Lea I'm gonna be running a little late, But i should be there around one forty five at the latest," I say, balancing my phone between my shoulder and my head.

" That's fine boo, take your time." Malea says politely.

I fell asleep a little past one or two in the morning, and didn't wake up until twelve forty five. i hated being late to anything. I was usually very punctual but I guess not today.

I smile, " Okay, thank you. Also do you need me to bring anything?"

" Can you run by the store and grab some taki's and a sprite for me? I'm starving and my dad hasn't even started the grill." She begged.

I giggled, " Yeah I'll go by the store and get that for you. Oh, Don't forget to send me your address,"

" Okay I will. I love you,"

" I love you too, see you later." I say, hanging up the phone. I race to my bathroom and take a quick fifteen minute shower. I did my daily morning routine and left my hair down.

I put on a quick but simple outfit consisting of peach bike shorts, a white v-neck crop top, and my white sandals. I spray some perfume on and grab my tote bag and keys. I head to my parents room first, giving my mama and papa a kiss. " Bye guys, I'm headed out."

" ¿Adónde vas?" Papá asked curiously, his arms wrapped around my mom's waist as he laid on her lap.
( Spanish: where are you going?)

" Malea is having a cookout and invited me Pero primera tengo que ir la tienda," I explained.
( Spanish: but first I have to go the store.)

Papá hummed, gesturing to their black wooden dresser. " Coge mi cartera y saca algo de dinero."
( Spanish: take my wallet and take out some money.)

I nodded my head, walking over to his wallet. " ¿Cuánto me llevo?"
( Spanish: how much do I take?)

" Todo lo que necesites." He says dismissively, eyes darting back to the tv in front of him.
( Spanish: everything you need.)

I grabbed forty dollars out and placed it inside my wallet. I blew both of them a kiss and then left out the door. I start my ignition, connecting my phone to the aux and playing Sade's ' No Ordinary Love'. I adjust my volume, then back of the driveway and headed down the street, taking a left to the nearest gas station.

I hummed softly with the music, pulling up the nearest pump that was available. I get out the car, pulling my shades above my head as I grab the pump and undid my tank. I waited a few minutes inside the car until the pump stopped flowing with gas.

Once I paid for the gas, I closed the tank and got inside the car. I change the song to another one of my favorite artists, which was Ravyn Lenae's ' Skin Tight'. I lean back against the seat, sighing deeply. After the talk I had yesterday with mamá, i felt much better. Besides, it was a brand new day. There was no time to dwell on the past.