𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

LOS ANGELES, CALI

LOS ANGELES, CALI.

" Thank you for coming, Abel. She just stopped crying not too long ago," I hear Malea's muffled voice say.

" Where is she?"

" In her room, I just laid her down before you came." Malea whispered.

I hug my covers tightly to my chest, squeezing my eyes shut to block out any forms of light. I don't recall what happened after I got off the phone with my brother, yet somehow I ended up in my room with my covers pulled to my shoulders.

" Aigh, ima take her by da crib. hopefully ma can talk to her,"

" Okay."

I feel my body begin to relax against my covers; my breathing finally at a steady pace. I was so drained from crying, reaching up and grazing my face, I could feel the stickiness from my tears. No doubt my eyes were most likely puffy and red.

A knock at the door draws my attention, but I didn't have the energy to move. Abel was right about my guilt, but I still harbored that guilt deeply in my heart. I didn't even want to look at myself because I knew I would hate the person staring back at me.

The smell of Dior cologne engulfs my senses, the scent surrounding my presence. Abel sits beside me, rubbing my shoulder in a soothing manner. " Mi Imani,"

I slowly turn my body towards him, his eyes filled with concern. " Me preocupas."
( Spanish: I'm worried about you.)

I gulp down the lump that rises in my throat, " Lo siento, Abel."
( Spanish: I'm sorry, Abel.)

He frowns, " No te disculpes, no pasa nada. I just hate it when you cry, phat. It makes me feel like I failed as a brother, man."
( Spanish: Don't apologize, It's okay.)

I bit the inside of my cheek, my eyes glossy. " I wish I hadn't broken up with him... I wish t-that things could've worked out."

He chuckled softly, " Phesian, I promise you, Donnie ain't that damn stupid."

I furrowed my brows, sitting up against my headboard. " What do you mean?"

He shrugged, " He's not that stupid to just let you go. If he loves you like he says he does, he'll fight for you. Y'all got something special, man. And if he lets some lil shit like this get in the way of y'all gettin' back together than what was the point of bein togetha' in the first place? Feel me?"

I frown, "  But I'm the one who hurt him."

" No, you ain't hurt him. You ain't do shit wrong, to keep it a hunnit. Women don't break up with niggas just cuz they tryna hurt em'. there's always a reason behind it. When shit gets tuff, that's when you gotta step back and take care of ya self. It's not being selfish, it's just you lookin out fa ya emotional well being." He explains.