𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈

𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈.

" Thank you for coming, Donnie." Esme greets, hugging me tightly. I return the hug, letting her go moments after. The smell of sterile hand sanitizer, and that familiar hospital scent filled my nose.

" Of course, It's the least I could do." I replied, folding my hands in front of me. Miguel got up from one of the seats and walked over to me and his wife.

" Is she here?" He asked, referring to Siah. I nod, gesturing to the parking lot, " She's in the car, but she's not ready to come out."

" Why not?" Miguel pressed. I tuck my hands in my pockets, " She doesn't want to see her brother in this state." I answered.

Miguel sighs deeply, running his hands over his face. " Fuck." 

Esme places a hand on his shoulder, " Baby-"

" Gimme da keys, I'ma go talk to ha." He interrupts, outstretching his left hand. I look down at his hand, then quirked a brow. " You sure that's a good idea?"

" Y-"

" No. It isn't a good idea. Now is not the time to push our daughter further away." Esme snapped. Miguel gripped her shoulders tightly, " This conversation between me and yo daughta' is long overdue, Es. You know that,"

Esme eyes began to water, her bottom lip trembling. " I'm scared, Miguel."

He kissed her forehead, embracing her in his arms, " Me too, baby. Me too."

As I gave Miguel the keys, he pulls me aside and grips my shoulder. " I need you to do sum for me."

I nod sternly, " Anything. Wassup?"

" For Starters, my bad for the shit that went down that day. But punch me like that again and I'll shoot yo black ass." He warned.

" Understood."

He looks behind us, " But look," he started, then whispered lowly. " I need you to find whoever the fuck did this."

I tilt my head slowly, " You think someone is behind this?"

He scoffed loudly, " I'm not stupid, dawg. I know what payback looks like. And this shit? This shit is a message. Abel was packin' but he ain't use it. So someone must've shown up at his crib where he was da most vulnerable and used that to their advantage, dawg."

My blood ran cold, realization dawning on me. Nobody could've done this unless it was J.D. or one of his goons. And if my assumptions were correct, J.D. was in L.A as we speak. Prolly gloating on how he shot King.

" What? What is it?" He questioned, his eyebrows furrowing. I clenched my jaw tightly, " Listen, King called 'Phesian three months ago and was begging her for ten grand."