𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐎, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈

𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐎, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈.

I stir against the blankets covered under my body, my eyes adjusting to the morning sun. I look down, blushing profusely. Adonis had his arm draped over my abdomen, his head turn to the other side. I stare at his muscles, tracing my fingertips against his biceps as I stare at him.

It was almost excruciating to see how beautiful this man was. A sweet,kind hearted, and passionate man that cared deeply for you and your safety. Last night, after that happened, he made grilled chicken, asparagus, loaded mash potatoes. For desert, I helped bake cookies. We watched movies, his favorite anime shows, talked endlessly for hours about our lives and what our next steps would be, and the things that made us dream.

My thoughts are consumed with a reality check, my fingertips slowly leaving his skin. I stare out into the
morning abyss, wondering how could I be so stupid. I didn't regret staying with him, nor did I regret what happened yesterday. But my mind continues to wander to my papá. His words as cold as ice, his eyes filled with rage when Adonis showed up.

" Why'd you stop?"

I snap my neck towards Adonis, his eyes squinted up at me. I smile softly, " Good morning D,"

His arm tightens around me, leaning his head onto me. " Good morning baby," he rasped, his voice thick.

I play with the back of his silver chain, wrapping my index finger around it. I bit the inside of my cheek, deep in contemplation. He glances at me, a frown gracing his plump lips. " What's wrong?"

" Hm? Nothing's wrong, I'm fine." I dismissed, giving him a dismissive smile. He gives me a knowing look. " Siah,".

I sighed, my bottom lip trembling. " I don't want to talk about it."

He removes his arm from my abdomen, threw the covers off of us. He grabbed my waist, plopping me down on his lap as if I weighed nothing. His hands rest against my thighs, my eyes darting straight to his bare chest. He grips my flesh, causing me to look at him. " Baby, please tell me what's wrong." He whispered.

I play with his dog tags, sniffling softly. He wipes a fallen tear from my eye, his hand returning to my thigh. I gulp down the lump in my throat, looking away briefly. " I... I'm still thinking about my father. A-And how upset he was. I've always had a good relationship with my family, you know? I was privileged enough to grow up in a home where I had support, balance, and loving parents."

He hummed, gesturing for me to continue. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, wiping another tear that fell. " And J just- I don't understand what went wrong, or how the situation could've been avoided. It feels like it's my fault, but I know that it's not. F-For once in my life, I've found someone who genuinely wants to care for me, to encourage me, and to be here for me."

He caresses my thighs, " When you think about that argument, what emotions do you feel?"

A sob threatens to break, but I hold it in. I squeeze my eyes shut, looking down at the waistband of his shorts. " A-Angry. I feel angry."