𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

SAN DIEGO, CALI

SAN DIEGO, CALI.
(Warning: Mature Content)

" I never realized how far you lived from L.A," I stated, though it was more of a question than a statement. He licks his lips before he responds, his eyes drifting to mine then back on the road.

" It's not that bad, honestly. I like the drive, it gives me time to clear my head." He spoke. I hum in response, looking down at the duffel bag in my lap.

" Yeah, I understand what you mean. Whenever I- whenever I used to drive my car, I always felt this sense of peace. All I would have is the music and the road," I whispered, running my fingers through my hair.

" Why'd you say 'used to'?" He inquired, pulling up to a red light. He darts his eyes to me, cocking his head to the side.

I inhaled a breath, " My dad is the one who gave me his car. and I left it out the house with all my boxes that were still inside of the trunk."

" We could always go back and g-"

" No,No, No it's fine I just- I don't regret leaving everything there. He said that everything i did was because of him; which includes the clothes that he bought for me and the car he gave me for my eighteenth." I explained.

His grip tightens around the wheel, his jaw clenching as he turns away. " That shit still pissin' me off."

I interlock our fingers, squeezing in a comforting way. " It's okay, I promise."

He frowned, but didn't let go of my hand. " No it's not, Siah. No man- especially your father- should ever speak to you like that. Ion care how mad ol dude gets, he not finna' talk out the side of his neck nd not expect me to knock his ass out."

My eyes soften, " Donis, it's okay. The situation is over now, and I'm with you."

Adonis kissed my hand, then placed it against his cheek. " I know, baby, I know. But I need to ask you something,"

I furrow my brows, turning my body towards him. " Okay... what is it?"

" Do you believe what your father said about me?"

I sigh, looking down at my lap. " He said a lot of hurtful things ... but I don't want to believe it. I want to believe you."

He tilts my chin with his thumb, " Tell me, please." He whispered.

I bite the inside of my cheek, " He said that you were filling my head with lies, that you had me wrapped around your finger and that I didn't know what you were capable of, or what your story was."