𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

LOS ANGELES, CALI

LOS ANGELES, CALI.

It's been two months since I broke things off with Adonis. Two months of trying to forget about our memories. Two months of trying not to regret my decision. Two months of wishing things could've worked out. In those two months, I focused on myself.... Or at least, I attempted to.

I started working at a predominantly black finance company as a consultant to small black businesses. In simple terms, I offer professional advice to those who want to get their business up and running. The pay was fairly decent, enough to pay the bills and rent.

Malea and I thought it was best for both of us to split rent evenly while both of us worked.  In addition to this, we moved into an apartment just thirty minutes away from my parents house and forty minutes from her parents house. We had furniture, appliances, and whatnot. but Malea and I never felt the need to buy a TV. Most likely because we rarely watch TV when we have work.

At first, I wasn't adamant on moving in with her. I wanted my own space. I wanted to isolate myself. But Malea wasn't having that. After that day, I cried harder than I ever had. I cried until the air in my lungs seized. Even now, I still think about him and wish that things were different.

God, I miss him so much.

Nothing has been the same without him. Nothing has. If I could see him again, if I could be in his arms again, I would... but I can't. And I have to live with that.

I just hope he finds someone that will love him unconditionally. Even if that person isn't me.

And that hurts.

" You're doing it again,"

I snap out of my trance, looking over at Malea. No longer did she have black hair, instead she had blonde hair. It suited her perfectly, and I thought she looked absolutely beautiful. " Doing what?"

She gives me a look, scooting closer to me on our sofa. she grabbed my legs and swung them onto her lap, then twisted her frame to face me. " Girl, let's be forreal."

I frowned, " What?"

Malea gives me a look, " 'Phesian, you've been zoning out more than usual. You barely smile or laugh — even when my joke is actually good. You work almost every day except for today, and when you come home you straight go in your room."

I sighed, flipping my freshly washed hair over my shoulder. Thursday's were my only days off, and I wanted to spend this time relaxing.

" Lea-"

She intertwined our hands, " Phesian, you know I love you. But locking yourself up in your room is not going to fix what happened between you and Donnie."