𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

SAN DIEGO, CALI

SAN DIEGO, CALI.

" D, did you order food?! There's someone at the door right now!" I yell from downstairs, pausing my show.

" It's prolly the package I ordered from Amazon! I told you about it a couple of weeks ago!" He announces from upstairs. I shrug off his response, sliding on his Nike slides and adjusting my large t-shirt.

It's been three months since I was living with Adonis, and our relationship has been growing stronger and stronger. we've went on a string of dates back to back every Wednesday, and today was the day that we would go see the new Mario cart movie. Though we weren't official just yet, I had a feeling that it would be soon. And I was so happy with him, and I've never been this happy with anyone before.

As far as my family goes, Abel told me that he paid the guy his money and that everything was back to normal. My mamá checks in every once in awhile, and my father... well, let's just say we haven't spoken ever since that fight. And that was okay, I wouldn't let that whole situation bother me anymore.

As I move closer to the door, my brows furrow at the silhouette of a women standing there. I open the door slowly. " Oh, hello." I say politely, offering the women a smile.

She looked stunned to see me, standing back as she gazed up at the house. " I- I'm sorry, I think I might be at the wrong place."

I lean against the doorway, " It's okay, who're you trying to find?"

The women chuckled, slinging her braids to the side. " Well, my boyfriend used to live here."

" Oh, what was his name?" I inquired curiously, tilting my head to the side.

" Donnie."

" Donnie..?" I repeat slowly, my heart sinking to my feet. She laughs loudly, her high cheekbones shaking. " Yeah but, It's cool. I'm Cassidi, by the way."

I try to smile, swallowing the lump in my throat. " It's nice to meet you,"

Cassidi smiles again, then it falls as she looks over my shoulder. I whip my neck around, seeing Adonis trail down the stairs slowly. His jaw ticked, standing beside me in his Nike shorts and wife beater. " What do you want?"

I look between the two. Cassidi laughs nervously, giving him a tight lipped smile. " I just, thought I would come see you. You haven't returned any of my c-"

" Me not returning your calls should've given you a fuckin hint." Adonis hissed.

Her eyes soften, " Donnie-"

" You need to leave. Now." He ordered.

" Don't be like that, Donnie. I know I messed up but-"

He laughs bitterly, " Messed up? Nah messing up is when you leave ya car keys inside the house. But what you did, isn't messing up. You fucked J.D. - my best friend for fuckin years - and lied about it to my fucking face. And you fucking knew what I was goin through at that time and you ain't care."