𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

LOS ANGELES, CALI

LOS ANGELES, CALI.

Saturday came quickly, almost as if yesterday never happened. I turn over to the window of my old room, squinting as the blinding sunlight pools inside the room.

I sighed, rubbing the sleepiness away. my head pounded against the pillow, another consequence of crying late last night. Thankfully, Mama was there holding me to her chest as she rocked me to sleep.

It was moments like these that I missed living at my parents house. No matter what happened, I was always welcomed with opened arms. Abel, Mama, and papa all took turns checking up on me ever since Thursday. I missed their company more than I'd like to admit, and I was glad that they were able to distract me from thinking about him.

Sitting up, I throw the covers off me and walk to the bathroom. I turn on the shower, immediately stripping my clothes off and disregarding them on the floor. I walk over to the door and locked it behind me.

As I get inside the shower, a wave of Deja vu hits me. Almost as if I have done this same exact thing, on the exact same day. Brushing off this feeling, I splash the cool water onto my face, gasping at the feeling.

I don't know why I decided it was a good idea to take a shower in cold water, but nonetheless it woke me up completely. I lather my body with soap, taking my time ever so slowly. I shaved everywhere, since it's been a while since I pampered myself.

After my shower, I step out onto the cold tile and wrapped the towel around my body. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and made sure my breath didn't smell horrific. I put my toothbrush and toothpaste back in it's original spot and unlocked the door, walking out.

Just as I was about to put on some clothes, a knock gets my attention. I stop what I'm doing and look at the door, " Who is it?" I call out.

" C'est moi, ma chérie."
( French:  It's me, sweetheart.)

I open the door, smiling softly at mama. " Good morning,"

Mama was still in her satin robe with a black bonnet on her head. Her feet were covered by her slippers, and she smelled like lavender and cherry blossoms.

She kissed my cheek as she walked inside my room. " Good morning honey, how did you sleep?"

I shrugged, closing the door behind her. " I slept okay, I kept waking up every hour."

" Is it..." she trailed off, yet I knew what she was referring to.

I cleared my throat, moving strands of hair out of my face. " Ahem, yeah that's why."