𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

LOS ANGELES, CALI

LOS ANGELES, CALI.

" Here let me help y-"

" I got it, 'Phesian. Move out my way,"

" But the doctor said-"

" Ion give a fuck what that lady said, she don't control me." Abel snapped, hobbling over to the couch.

I huff loudly, grabbing a pillow and putting it behind his back. " Abel, please. All I'm trying to do is help you. I balled my eyes out when I found out you were in the hospital, And here you are being a bitch about getting help."

It's been three weeks. Three weeks of dealing with Abel's complaints of assistance. Every day, I had to make him take his medications and be on bed rest but he's just so damn stubborn it pisses me off.  He won't let me help him to his room, or to the bathroom — which i get because i don't want to see any of that— and he won't let me make him food. It's been hell trying to help him. It doesn't help either that he's the only company I have — aside from mama and papa — since Adonis had some sort of ' thing' going on with his family.

It was a rarity if I even gotten a call from him, and it hurt me. It felt like he was purposely pushing me away and I didn't know what I did.

Mamá came into the the living room, pointing a finger at Abel. " Just because you're injured doesn't give you the right to act like an asshole towards your sister. Corrigez votre attitude ou je la réparerai moi-même." She warned.
( French: Correct your attitude or I'll fix it myself.)

He crossed his arms over his shoulder, " Je ne suis pas un bébé, maman. Je suis un homme adulte."
( French: I'm not a baby, Mom. I'm a grown man.)

She quirked a brow defiantly, " Really? D'après ce que je comprends, vous n'avez été qu'un bébé depuis votre sortie de l'hôpital."
( French: from what i understand, you have only been a baby ever since you left the hospital.)

He looked down at his lap, not saying anything else. She struck a nerve. I'm not saying he deserved it... but at the same time, i am glad that mama said something. Seemed like it was only her that could get through him. Not me or papá.

Mama sighs, looking at me. " Baby, go bring your brother a water so he can take his meds."

I nod my head, sitting down the medicine bottles back inside the pharmacy bag. " Okay,"

I walk to the kitchen, the weight of everything collapsing onto my shoulders. I exhale deeply, placing my hand on my hip. I bit the inside of my cheek, slowly taking steps in the direction of the fridge. I opened it, grabbed him a bottle, and walked back into the living room.

Abel sat there stiff as a board, flicking through channels grimly with a scowl on his face. I sat the medicine beside him and placed the bottle of water on his lap. He doesn't look at me, he just mutters a ' thanks' under his breath.