Chapter 14-Intelligent Minds and No Choice

********Hi, guys!! Thanks so much for the wonderful comments on my last chapter!! I luv you guys. ;) hahaha anyway, here's the next chapter!!

************************

"Lets check up on the bridge before we go back," Kakashi said as we exited the ice cream shop. I was fuming since the girl who owned the shop had almost indiscreetly slipped her address into his pocket. Almost.

Was it possible for black clouds to form when you were angry?

"Good idea," Tazuna said, patting his belly contentedly as he wore as huge grin on his face. I guess his ice cream was really just that delicious.

Delicious.....

My cheeks heated, my stomach twisting nervously. His lips so near to mine.....it was exhilarating. I wonder why the reaction he brought out could only be brought out by him. I never felt so much emotion for anyone except for Molly, and these feelings were new and foreign.

But they were so much more alive.

I held back a groan. I didn't know what to do. Saya Mori did not know what to do. Guess there was a first time for everything.

"I want to sleep," Naruto said grumpily. I would want to as well if I had eaten as much as he did. What a monstrous appetite....

"No," Kakashi simply answered to Naruto's comment, making him start arguing. I sighed until I saw a shadow dart from the corner of my eye. I kept walking, not giving away the fact I saw something.

The shadow was moving in the direction of Tsunami's house.

My eyes widened.

"I'm heading back." I said, making everyone turn to look at me.

"I think we should stick together." Sakura said, giving me a confused look as were the rest. I shrugged.

"It's not that hard to check out a bridge yourself," I said, turning and walking away.

"Saya."

I winced, turning slightly to look at Kakashi's narrowed eyes.

"Be careful."

My eyes widened as I realized he knew why I was going back. I smiled softly. Of course he did. He knew too much for his own good.

"Of course, sensei," I said jokingly, making him smirk at the respectful acknowledgment before beginning to lead the rest of them back to the bridge. I hoped that everything would go well with them as well.

I took off in a run.

That shadow, considering how fast it had been moving, was probably already at the house. I wouldn't place this incident under coincidence. I couldn't afford it. I had to be ready for anything.

Whoever it was, they were reckless. I kept passing many slash marks across bark and plants and such. Were they purposely leading someone to their trail? Were they overconfident or just plain stupid?

I hopped over a high branch and propelled myself forward, the house still not in view.

My eyes narrowed as it was suddenly barely visible in the midst of the trees. Two figures walking along the bridge, dragging someone along.

Another figure, much smaller, but very angry. The little figure yelled at the two figures holding the body. And then the little figure charged.

Inari.

I ran quickly, my body swinging forward as one of the two figures, which I now recognized as nothing more than pathetic thugs, pulled out a sword and brought it down on Inari who was charging to save his mother.