Chapter 43- The Curse Unfulfilled

Chapter 43

 "We should get going." Rikuo stated, giving me a glare of impatience as I nodded absently at his statement, not really acknowledging the suggestion as I looked at her.

 She had crumbled to the ground so easily, like a fragile piece of glass as her limbs splayed out inelegantly against the ground. Her mouth was parted slightly, dry from the cold atmosphere. Her white hair spread like wings around her, the faint dots of the stars decorating it beautifully. Beautiful and cold, like a marble statue, one that didn't feel and one that could never learn how to in the first place. 

 Gazing at the face that used to haunt me, I knew it wasn't over. It would only be a matter of time before she would awaken again. I gave it my best with the illusion I had put her under, which had been sufficient enough to temporarily shock her into unconsciousness. But I knew that as soon as she woke up, she wouldn't play with us like she had been. She would most certainly try to destroy us.

 I knew this well. And it was exactly what I was hoping for. 

But that didn't mean I wouldn't prepare against her violent temper. 

 "Hey, Kakashi."

 "Yeah?"

 "You got any rope?"

 "I do. Why?" 

"Why do you think, stupid? We're going to hang her from a tree."

 "Oh my god, by her neck?!"

 "Gods, Kakashi, why the hell would I do that to my own mother? I meant by her feet!" I snapped.

 "Oh."

 Rikuo spoke up. "I don't know, I think  Kakashi's suggestion is a pretty good idea." I ignored him. 

 I grumbled as I busied myself with Kakashi's rope, wrapping the thick threads around her tightly, binding her hands in an impossible knot. This would give us at least enough time to find Molly. Maybe enough time to-

 "Are you done yet?" Rikuo remarked impatiently. I threw him a glare, but nodded.

 "Hang her up on that one."

 "By her head?"

 "Feet, you asshole."

 "No need to be hostile." He muttered, grabbing the end of the rope and tying it roughly around the trunk. 

 "Now we can go." I stated, grabbing Kakashi's hand and walking forward, pulling him along with me.

Rikuo followed, glancing at us. 

 "Women really are fickle, aren't they, Kakashi? This one was just pushing you away a day ago." Rikuo taunted, flicking his gaze towards our joined hands.

 For the first time in months, I flushed bright red, angry and embarrassed.

Kakashi chuckled, holding my hand even tighter as I tried to squirm out of his grip.

 We began moving at a faster pace, knowing we were close to the new location the village was placed at. Although it was partly because of the awful experiences that had been created by the man we had defeated not too long ago, illusionists didn't risk working around such a dark atmosphere, the violent energy that had been used there before still lingering and twisting its ways around the vacant streets.

 I shivered at the remembrance at how cold the center of that violent energy was, how distorted and suffocating it was as it had clawed the tender meat in my skull and deprived me of the senses that kept me sane.