Chapter 29-Your and Mine Tragedies

Chapter 29

*********************************************

A/N

Geez, I took a long time to update. Sorry guys. But being a junior is hard. I really don't like it. But I guess it's supposed to be worth it....at least that's what my counselor says......his name's Rob by the way. We're close. ;) haha

Anyways, here's the chapter!

*********************************************

Kakashi POV

I stood slouched on the Hokage faces. I didn't usually come up here often. But when I did, it was usually when the moon started burning like a white globe in the sky and the nighttime took a chill. When the village was quiet and I could pretend like nothing existed.

It reminded me of the night I came back from seeing the death of my enemy, my annoyance, my friend. That night, I was so cold; my skin had been so clammy. But my body had been one huge ache, burning with something I hadn't felt since my father. I sighed, letting out the breath I had been holding in because when I thought about him it was like breathing in fire instead of oxygen.

And my chest just couldn't take it.

I stared below me, the lively chatter reaching me from here. My mind strayed. I wondered how they were doing. It had only been a couple of days, and I was worried. So many things to go wrong. And obviously, my life didn't have stripes of gold luck decorating it, so I didn't expect happy results.

"I'm so positive, aren't I?" I mused to myself. I felt the soft wind pushing at me gently as I slowly closed my eyes. Sometimes, I pictured myself being blown from my body and it being only peace. No problems, no worries. But imagination only got me so far.

And the Hokage loved to send me on missions. I cracked a smile at that, small and dry. I didn't know why but I would just get like this some days. It frustrated so many people, I thought with a wordless laugh. They would call me closed-off, distant, or maybe just rude. But I knew when I was like this, I couldn't trust myself to speak.