Chapter 32- Too Afraid To Be Selfless

************************************************************

A/N

Hey, guys! Thank you so much for all the amazing comments from before,; it really just makes me giddy to read all of them and see what you think about what I write. So here's the next chapter hope you enjoy!

************************************************************

"You're kidding, right?"

They had to be making fun of me. They had to be.

There was just no way that I could have blanked out on all my memories from my past events. Or my supposed past events, according to Molly. I had listened to her cautiously explain what was going on, each moment getting more and more unbelievable. My eyes slid towards the silver-haired man that had remained silent through all this.

"No, I don't see why there would be a reason to joke about this at all." Molly said, her tone creeping towards annoyance. Her patience was always a little borderline nonexistent. I didn't bother to pay too much attention to it. I was more curious of the male.

He was my sensei? My teacher? I thought Molly had been. But apparently, I hadn't been with her for awhile. I felt a deep frustration clawing at my brain; I wanted to know, I wanted to know so badly. Something told me it was worth remembering.

"What's your name?" I questioned, my eyes watching him guardedly. His eyes that had been distant now took in a sharp, intimidating look. He leaned forward, leaning his face on his hand.

"Kakashi Hatake. Jonin."

That name was familiar. My clan....they had information on this man. Not much of it, but from what I had heard he was an impressive shinobi. I kept this information locked in my mind.

"And why do you care so much that I should remember what I've forgotten?" I said casually, leaning back in my sitting position on the rather comfortable couch under me. My breath caught.

His eyes were smoldering as they met mine.

"I want you to remember me."

"Don't say such embarrassing things...." I stuttered, my cheeks doing something strange. Warmth filled them teasingly, and my ears were suddenly hot. My eyes narrowed. What was this man doing to me?

"Why do you have that mask on your face?" I blurted out. I almost ran and hid myself under a rug at the sight of Molly's smug and amused expression. Was she finding this funny?!?

The intimidating male simply smiled, his eyes dancing. It frustrated me. I was surprised he responded after a minute.

"It's mostly to keep the fan girls away." He voiced slowly. Funny, it sounded like an almost rehearsed line. I frowned.

"Well, it's not like there are any of them here now, are there?" I said, raising an eyebrow at his...weirdness. His smile became more lazy, hinting softly at something...

Indignation spiked through me. I didn't even think about my outburst.

"....you! You think I'm a FANGIRL?" I growled, my ears hotter than before. How dare he assume such an arrogant thing. To totally flatter himself in such a way....how could he ever be my sensei?!?

"Not even close." I snarled, my eyes pulling away from his to stare at the wall instead. A soft chuckle filtered the room.

"Are you saying you don't think I'm cute?"

My heart throbbed immediately, painfully.

....what? What? What did he say? My head suddenly felt jumbled up and words were shoving my mouth, forcing it to speak, because this was me and I needed to know why he said that like he knew me completely. He was reading my mind. My eyes gazed at him in utter fear and awe at what he could do.