Chapter 22- Raging Fear and Frightening Anger

********Hey, guys!! Thanks for all the great comments and for voting!! Love you guys!! ;D anyways, here's the story!

*********************

I was usually the type to remain calm in a situation. I didn't take myself as a person who would keel over at the first obstacle in my path. I wasn't one to panic or to scream. I was known for my emotionless state, my fearlessness, my bravery.

But every cell in my body was shouting at me to run. This boy.....scared me. There were really no other words. I could feel the tears surfacing, my heart pounding erratically, my breaths coming faster. I knew he wasn't looking at me. I was glad for that small favor.

I remained frozen at my seat, my arms stiff, and my hand clenched around nothing, grabbing at the indifferent air for support. It didn't help.

"We will now begin the exam." I heard Ibiki speak up, but my ears were thrumming with the sound of my frantic heartbeat, making him sound far away.

"Are you ok?" The guy on the opposite side of me asked worriedly, seeing my state. Of course he would ask. I nodded mechanically. He shrugged and turned back to the front as Ibiki spoke of the rules, something about how no cheating was allowed.

"You will be watched by the best sharp-eyed Chunin we have, so don't think you're safe for a second at peeping at a person's paper." Ibiki said harshly, glaring at us, his eyes hard.

My eyes searched for something else to distract me besides the fear making my hands shake. I saw the Chunin all sitting down in metal chairs, grinning at us. One had bandages wrapped around his eyes, how would he see us? No doubt there was a secret there.

I spotted Sasuke on the other side of the room, in between two giggling girls. How annoying. Sakura was at the front of the room, smiling to herself. She probably knew she could pass. My eyebrow twitched when I saw Naruto moaning how he was going to fail. The whole room could probably hear him.

"What a waste of time." His voice slid over me from the side, and I felt chills run up my spine. Breathe, Saya. Breathe. His voice could only be compared to icy wind or hard stone.

I went completely still, my heart stopping, as I felt his eyes land on me. I guess it'd only be a matter of time before he heard my shallow breathing.

I heard a low chuckle, one with dark amusement. I shivered involuntarily. Please leave me alone. Please leave me alone....

I struggled not to choke on my own saliva as he was suddenly next to my ear, breathing in it softly but dangerously.

"Are you scared of me as well?"

"You're a different person now, Saya. There's no need to fear the past." Molly's voice floated in my head and I swallowed. I would face this. I turned my body slightly, my eyes slowly catching his.

It was all I had ever expected, maybe even worse.

His eyes bore into mine, bloodlust pouring out of them as his eyes raked over me.

"You're afraid of me." His voice came out low.

I shook my head softly, my eyes not able to separate from his. He nodded, leaning closer. His nose barely touched mine.

"Don't you dare lie to me." His voice was harder now, accusing. I flinched as his hand suddenly gripped my arm in a powerful hold, sand sprinkling onto my skin. Pain lanced through my arm.

"D-don't touch me," I uttered quietly, yanking away with some unknown strength I had. The fear was making my blood race, my eyes wide as his eyes narrowed into a vicious glare.