Chapter 23-The Price of Being Prodigy

********Hi, guys!!! Thanks so much for the nice comments and stuff! You guys are really awesome! So here's the next chapter!! ;D

*****************

"Saya!"

My ears drowned out any words after that, heat spreading all over my skin, searing pain traveling through my bones. I felt my body convulse and I hit the ground roughly, my eyes blind from the pain as well.

I felt a thousand tiny knives dig into my skin as someone's fingers grabbed my arm, my ears hearing faint sounds of worried shouting. They needed to let go. But how could they know their touch was causing me unbearable agony?

Finally, I became too exhausted to even convulse, just lying still as the shards of pain continued to attack me, my mind too jumbled to form coherent thoughts.

I thanked the gods as I faded away into unconsciousness.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unknown POV

I felt it.

I felt her change, felt her move into the final side effects of her kekkai genkai. I felt sorrow crush my heart for her, knowing she wouldn't like what the results would be. But she probably wouldn't even notice the side effects. Not without my help.

Her kekkai genkai was a curse mixed with benefits frankly. Power always came with some sort of sacrifice. This was hers.

I sighed, removing my robe and quickly dressing into my normal attire. I strapped on my pouch and twisted my dark hair up, shoving needles directly through it to keep it pinned up.

It was time to find her again. And from the feel I got from her change, she wasn't close by. It would take me more than a week to get there. Poor girl. I had already made her do this on her own, leaving her before she was prepared. But it had been my responsibility at the moment. She had to find her own way, she had always doubted herself.

I narrowed my eyes, inhaling sharply. This time, I would make sure to be there. I wouldn't abandon her again. This was my chance to get her to accept her role. Because before the attack on the village, before our family was destroyed.....

She had refused to take my life in exchange for removing the curse on her kekkai genkai.

And so until I could convince her, she would suffer the results of being a powerful prodigy.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kakashi POV

"Kakashi!" I heard a low male voice shout. I turned sharply to see Sasuke carrying a limp, pale Saya in his arms. Alert immediately overtook my body, and I shot forward to where he was. He stopped, panting.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked him, trying to remain calm. He shook his head. I narrowed my eyes.

"Sasuke," I growled, pushing for a response. He spoke.

"She just suddenly keeled over, thrashing around as if in pain. Only a few minutes later, she passed out." He explained quickly. I nodded, motioning for him to give her to me. There was no time for grudges as he quickly did so.

We both raced side by side, rushing back into the center of the village to get her to the hospital. She didn't look good. She was breathing shallowly and her skin was giving off heat like a furnace.

We burst into the front doors, calling out for help. Doctors and nurses rushed forward, and before I knew it she was on a metal platform and being taken away, all kinds of equipment being attached to her.