Chapter 18-Menacing Sand and Selfish Need

Chapter 18

*****Hey guys! I guess I just kind of felt like writing a chapter right now, so...here you go!!! :D hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think!!! ;)

***************************

"Gaara."

His fiery red hair shone in the sunlight, yet I saw shadows lurking underneath his eyes, which were outlined heavily with black. His eyes were cold and merciless, the same mystifying, piercing green.

I felt my throat closing up and my heart was still thundering in my chest.

I looked down and heard him continue to speak.

"You're an embarrassment to our village. We didn't come here to play games." Everything he stated was blunt and blank.

I shivered.

"They started messing with us first, Gaara-!" Kankuro was silenced by a terrifyingly cold glare from Gaara.

"Shut up. Or I'll kill you."

Tears slowly fell down my cheeks because I believed it. I believed it so badly.

After all...

He had tried to kill me.

*****flashback******

The little girl had long heard all the raw screams of the ninja guarding her room. She had heard their begging and the sound of crushing flesh.

Her heart was flying in her chest. Was this fear? It made her feel empty, hopeless, like prey.

The sound of soft footsteps frightened her to the core.

"What are you doing here?" The little girl asked, gripping her little pillow tightly in her hands as she watched a little boy step in, eyes cold and staring as if he couldn't see the little child at all.

He didn't have time to feel bad for what he was going to do. The Kazekage had ordered that she be killed since she was precious for her power. Killing her would definitely affect her clan, and the Kazekage hated them with a passion. If this would make father not hate him....

He was willing.

The hope clenched his heart fiercely and he closed his heart briefly to complete the gruesome mission. He would give her a quick Sand Burial and leave. No fuss about it.

The girl was now trembling as she saw sand trailing menacingly and slowly around the boy. It whispered softly along the floor, promising death. She could feel the coldness emanating from the little boy. And she knew she should fear him.

"Please..." She whimpered, her big, shocking orange eyes widened, tears falling uncontrollably.

The boy's eyes weren't even looking at her.

And the sand slowly, oh so slowly, crept up to her feet, slithering up her ankles, wrapping around her clothes, constricting her waist, enveloping her back, grasping her throat....

A scream pierced the night.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I shook uncontrollably, my breath coming shallowly and quickly. I was hyperventilating. I had to get out of here.

Ever so quietly, I wiped my tears and jumped from the tree quietly, flipping over the fence and landing on my knee roughly. I couldn't stop shaking.

No. No. No. Stop. Stop shaking.

There's nothing to be scared of. Nothing....

Oh gods. I shoved my fist into my mouth to keep from crying out. He hadn't changed at all, still so cold, still so menacing.