Chapter 31-Please Remember

***********************************

A/N

Hey, guys, its me! Sorry I took so long...again. Haha I feel bad that I take this long but I honestly have really good reasons for it. Swear! 0.0 anyways, I'm sure you want to read and not listen to me ramble. Enjoy.

Not edited.

********************************

"Ok, try again."

A restless shifting. Why am I so impatient?

Two breaths. Tingles in fingertips. Tightly shut eyelids. One more time, Kakashi.

ConcentrateConcentrateConcentrate.....

A silent breath. A wordless moment. An exasperated sigh. Pointless....

Focus. Focus.

Come ON, Kakashi.

"It's not working." I finally voiced, gritting my teeth, my hand raking through my hair with barely contained frustration.

"You're not trying hard enough."

Molly spoke to me with the same annoying patience she'd had the whole time we'd been doing this. I opened my eyes slowly. Saya sat in front of me, gazing at me with soft eyes. She had no idea what I was trying to do. What I was failing to do, I thought mulishly.

"It's not exactly easy." I muttered. Molly shrugged, which annoyed me even more.

"I never said it was, for a beginner. You have to understand this isn't like manipulating chakra. This is becoming one with it."

"Right." I muttered, but I still didn't understand her concept. Become one with chakra? How was that possible? And why was it necessary to touch Saya's mind with my own?

"So give me the supposed explanation again. Just so I can't misunderstand." I said with a bite of sarcasm but she didn't notice. She was just like her student. Completely oblivious to the things people actually wanted her to notice.

"Look, all you have to do is let go of the locks you keep on your mind. Believe it or not, you're not even trying. You're only thinking about her mind. Think about yours first. Relish in your memories. Bask in them. And then, show them to her. I promise.....she will feel them."

I was impressed at how sure she was of everything. Molly hadn't even been shocked to encounter Saya in the manner she was. She had taken everything with a warm smile and accommodated herself to the Saya in front of her. And Saya had naturally warmed to her immediately, her orange eyes gazing at her in awe.

Now, Saya's eyes looked apprehensive, almost suspicious. Too much suspicion for a child. It was painful to see it. But she was trusting in this moment, letting me try to delve into her mind. Letting me try to show her what I knew and liked about her.

It sounded almost simple. I nodded at Molly's words, turning back to Saya, who was now squirming impatiently. My cheeks flushed, my mind matching this image to previous ones. I remember when she was squirming in the same manner, but in a much different way....

"Remembering something good?" Molly's smug voice snapped me out of my reverie, my face flooding with heat.

Could I not just sink through the floor right now?

"Not really." I said gruffly, making my eyes match with Saya's. I didn't even want to see Molly's expression. I took in a deep breath, closing my eyes.

Molly said think about my memories. Ok. Simple enough. Memories...what kind of memories? My past memories? The memories I had with Saya? That might help, right? If she could remember the moments we shared, would that bring her to awakening? Or would that just scare her even deeper into the childish self she was? Ah, this was too much trouble. What was I even supposed to remember?