26: Dumpling Destruction

Mei was taking pictures of everything while MK was mopping the floor. Y/n blinks in confusion as MK yelled, “Mei would yo- Hey, cut it out!” Y/n looked away from the duo as she felt Simba rest on her shoulder, as she smiled and lightly tapped on the spider bot’s red spot with her sleeve/finger while MK posed, “At least get my good side.” MK yelped as he dropped the mop, “Noo!” Y/n turns to him as she sees his eyes turn golden. Y/n tilt her head to the side as MK looks around to see everything golden as someone was calling out to him.

Y/n frowns in concern, “MK, is something wrong?” She blinks as she notices Mei taking pictures of her and Simba. Y/n turns her head to Mei as she gives a small wave while Simba just waves its claw. Pigsy sighed as he looked at MK, “You feeling alright, kid?” Y/n chuckled as Mei continued to take photos of Simba and her. Meanwhile MK sees the sage appear out of nowhere, “Monkey King?” Sun Wukong nods, “Hey! There you are, bud! Oh good. You’re not dead yet, that’s a relief.” MK looked around his body with widened eyes, “Dead?! What’s happening to me? Is this what dying is like?!” Y/n turns to him very confused as Simba mechanical growls and goes to hide back inside her sleeves. Mei continues to take pictures of Y/n, “You look so cute and adorable, Buttercup!” Y/n lightly blushed, “Ah… Thanks, Mei.”

Mei giggled until a random citizen shouted, “What is that?!” Everyone followed MK as they went outside to see a large dumpling falling out of the sky. Y/n hums to herself, ‘That Dumpling looks so yummy.’ Mei blinked, “Is that a…” Pigsy continued, “Giant Dumpling?” Tang sweat drops, “As delicious as it is, but terrifying…” Y/n just blinked in confusion while MK was freaking out as he continued to speak to a ghost version of Sun Wukong. Then MK suddenly groaned in frustration after Sun Wukong gave a vague answer.

After Sun Wukong answered to MK. His smile changed into a serious frown as he looked at the creature who was holding chopsticks while it shook in fear, “Now, where were we?” Wukong blinks a bit, “Oh yeah…” His tail began to shift which revealed a small blue scroll with various symbols. His tail flicked which made the scroll increase in size as it unrolls itself out to reveal a drawing of an ominous skull along with small symbols next to it. Wukong questioned, “I think you were gonna tell me a little something about this. Right?” The Creature quickly nodded as Wukong blinked, “And do yourself a favor. Don’t drop any more food.”

MK gathered his group all in a serious group huddle, “Alright! This will undoubtedly be our most perilous mission of all time. A journey to the room where Monkey King keeps all his junk, to find- uh… Something to stop a celestial dumpling from destroying the world. And there’s only ONE person with the smarts, the bravery, and the heroically awesome hair to be my wingman on this mission of certain death!” Y/n just blinks confused as MK 100% expected to be Mei since he doesn’t want Y/n to be hurt. Then Tang suddenly barged in which knocked Mei to the side while Y/n catched her in her arms.

Mei huffs as Tang asked with a small grin, “I mean, it’s me, right?” MK nodded as he and Tang hugged, “Well, I mean, obviously.” Y/n had a frown of concern as she looked down to Mei who had her head on her chest. Pigsy deadpanned, “You’re kiddin’, right?” MK smiled, “I kid you not my sweet sweet Pigsy. Mr. Tang and I are experts on Monkey King! So, yeah, us two together makes total sense.” Mei huffs as she gets out of Y/n’s arms while she turns to him, “MK! This is obviously a mission for just me and you! I even got a sweet new jet!” However, she groaned when MK and Tang jumped onto the same bike that MK created from the last incident from the Sleep Bug. MK grinned, “Sorry Mei! Can’t hear you over the sound of my awesome new hoverbike!” Y/n raised an arm/sleeve, “But… MK… and oh, he’s gone…” MK and Tang were gone as Y/n placed a sleeve on Mei’s shoulder, “Wanna hang out while the two look for something.” Mei smiled and looked at her, “Sure, Buttercup.”

-Timeskip-

Mei, Pigsy, and Y/n now stood on a large building. Mei and Pigsy were worried since the dumpling was nearly about to hit the city while y/n pats Simba on the head as it lets out a mechanical purr. Then the trio heard MK shout, “Guys!” The hoverbike flew down which kinda missed the roof entirely due to Tang’s terrible landing skills. MK quickly went back onto the roof as he carried Tang as Pigsy asked with nervousness in his voice, “Did you two find something to stop this thing?” MK grinned as he dropped Tang, “Sure! I mean… maybe?” He looks at Tang, “Okay Tang, the VASE!”

Tang stood up as he held up a vase as Mei shrieked, “A Vase?!” Y/n raised a brow, “How’s a vase going to help?” Pigsy shouted, “Would you morons hurry up?!” Tang and MK quickly nodded as the duo turned to the dumpling that was still falling down. The duo pops off the small lid as the vase is aimed towards the massive food which begins to stir. Then the large dumpling sucked into the vase. Y/n went over to Tang who began to slip backwards. Meanwhile MK was still having a tight grip on the vase which was still sucking the dumpling. The group noticed MK beginning to slip a bit, so the others including Tang and Y/n kept the boy steady with confident smiles.

MK grinned at the group while the dumpling was finally sucked entirely into the vase. MK quickly closed the vase with the same small lid. It was silent for a moment as the group looked to the vase with nothing happening for a few seconds. Mei spoke up, “So… did it wo-” Only for the group to widen their eyes which the vase instantly shatters from the ancient artifact.

MK sighed, “Sometimes, all you can do is your best.” Meanwhile the entire city was covered in large clumps of food from the dumpling. Tang sweatdropped, “We probably should’ve grabbed more vases.” While Y/n giggled.

Meanwhile down in the sewers while small particles of the dumpling fell through the gates. Syntax shook off a piece of the dumpling off his shoe with disgust. While Huntsman began to approach from the darkness, “My Queen.” The Spider Queen raised a brow, “Well, did you get it?” Huntsman bowed as he revealed the ancient mirror from his pocket, “One demon revealing mirror.” The Spider Queen smirked while Syntax glares and slightly growls in jealousy. Huntsman raised the mirror to his queen. He looks to the mirror as it flashed a moment which reveals the same mysterious lady but it shows a skull implanted on the lady’s face. Huntsman widened his eyes as he looked at the woman behind him who just took the mirror with a smirk on her face. The woman asked, “May I?” The Spider Queen nods as the lady walks towards the cauldron. She then tosses the mirror down into the blue ooze as she silently chuckles to herself.