43: The King, the Prince, and the Shadow

In the sky train, the Monkie Kids drive away from the Lantern City, which has now been covered in bone. Y/n frowns while the ringing in her ears go away as Tang turns to Wukong, "Um, so uh, Mr. King, sir, I don't wanna rush you or anything but-" MK shrugs, "I'm okay with rushing him. What's the plan, Monkey King? We've got all three Rings of Samadhi, so how do we use them to make the Lady Bone Demon go boom? Is there a switch or-"

"It's a bit more complicated than that. In order to reforge the Samadhi Fire we'll need to reach the summit of that mountain," answered Wukong. Pigsy and Y/n looked at each other. Y/n nods for him to just ask the question. Pigsy sighed and looked at Wukong, "Huh. And, uh, that's where we'll find the fourth ring and fifth eh? Ain't that right, Monkey King?" MK blinks surprised, "Fourth ring and fifth? W-what fourth and fifth ring?"

Tang says. "Oh, Pigsy, I think you're confused. Monkey King said they split the Fire of Samadhi into three rings. Three rings hidden by the three great warriors, Monkey King, and Demon Bull King, and-" He gets cut off when the train car stutters. Y/n and MK both looked outside to see Ne Zha's Fire Ring. MK asked, "Uh, who dat?" The Fire Ring disband which causes the sky tain to stop moving. Y/n widened her eyes as she backed away while pushing MK behind her. As Ne Zha emerges from the ring as he throws two Flaming wheels at the car, causing it to split.

Y/n covered her ears from the noises while Wukong yelled, "Get back!" Wukong quickly moves all the passengers away from the impact. Then Ne Zha lands in front of the passengers. Nezha spoke, "Sun Wukong. Finally."

Wukong turns to him, "Ne Zha, my old friend. Don't tell me you trekked all the way out here to hang out with lil' ol' me." Nezha just glares at him, "You know exactly why I'm here. I will not let you reforge the Samadhi Fire and doom this world. Tang laughed and went up to Nezha while Y/n sweatdrops and softly yawns as Tang yelled, "I can't believe it's really you! The legendary Third Lotus Prince, Ne Zha! I must be the luckiest Tang in the world!"

Nezha shouts while throwing Tang over to the group, "Silence, mortal!" Y/n catches Tang in her arms. Wukong questioned, "How did you find us? Wait, wait, don't tell me. You took a sneaky peak at the map while you were supposed to be guarding it?" He chuckled, "Now, who's untrustworthy?" Y/n places Tang back to his feet as he thanked her.

Nezha answered, "I didn't have to." He then shouted, "I knew the ring I had been tasked to hide was safe in Chang'e's care until you stole it!" Wukong corrected him, "Borrowed." Nezha rolls his eyes, "I had the feeling the Demon Bull King would've kept his instead of hiding it as instructed. No surprises there." Wukong shrugs, "Yeah, I think we all saw that on coming." Then Nezha yelled, "Which brings me to your ring. Worst kept secret ever!"

Mei blinks, "Well, I mean, not wrong." Sandy nods in agreement as Y/n giggled. Nezha yelled, "This is exactly why the Rings of Samadhi should have been entrusted to me alone!" He then went up to MK, "Hand over to Rings, child. I won't ask-" However Wukong punches Nezha in the stomach which launched him far into the air. Wukong turned tk the group, "That's not going to stop Ne Zha for long. Go. You have to get to the Mountain now!"

Y/n frowns, "Then what?" Wukong says, "Just wait for me there. I'll explain everything." MK says, "B-but I can help! Let me help you." Wukong shakes his head, "Thers no time, bud. Macaque could show up at any second. Go!"

Meanwhile Ne Zha was in the air, he sees MK, Y/n, Mei, Pigsy, Sandy, and Tang exiting the sky train. He then looks to see Sun Wukong eith the rings as he jumps onto his Magic cloud and flies in the opposite direction. Nezha narrows his eyes, "You're not getting away this time."

He then flies after Wukong while Sandy drives the T.E.A. towards the Mystic Mountain. Y/n just rests her head on MK's shoulder while Simba continues to stay in her sleeve while hugging her arm in worry.