66: Roast of the Monkie Kids Pt 2

In Flower Fruit Mountain, MK gazes out at the horizon when he sees a little monkey approach him

In Flower Fruit Mountain, MK gazes out at the horizon when he sees a little monkey approach him. He turns his head to the little monkey, "Hey, little guy. Where are your friends?" He then suddenly remembers and goes back to looking at the horizon again. The Monkey curls uo besides him.

---

Meanwhile Y/n was running in the forest. She stops in front of a lake as she looked at her own reflection in the water with a hand over one eye. She was tearing up, "No, no, no, no. Change back! Change me back!" She whimpered as she held her head while her ears droop, "W-why am I not changing back? W-why is this happening to m-me?"

---

Subodhi has the other Monkie Kids in a fighting stance. He spoke, "Right now, you're like a jagged stone. Once I'm done with you, you'll be worn down, chiseled, and refined. Except you, Sandy." He gives Sandy another star, "You're chiseled enough." Sandy cheerfully laughs as the other Monkie Kids cry and glare at him.

---

Tang is then taken to a library. Tang sighed, "I know, my issue is my self-confidence." Subodhi bonked his head, "Wrong! It's your complete lack of skill." Tang blinks, "Wha- Hey!" Subodhi crossed his arms behind his back, "By a stroke of luck, you've tapped into your powers before and have managed great feats. However, this is not reliable. You're lazy. You whine, complain, and you do not practice." Tang asked, "Uh, could we go back to my positive qualities maybe?"

However Subodhi says, "The Great Monk Tang Sanzang was studious, a master of the mystical arts. Although rigid, humorless, and at times, cold, it was this disconnect with others that allowed him to focus on his studies. To learn all there was to learn without distraction by "trivial" things, such as friendship." Tang questioned with a frown, "But what's the point of having all this power if I don't use it to help my friends?"

"Like you and your companions, the original pilgrims were changed by their journey. It took the monk a long time to learn that friendship has its own power too, something yiy have already learned." He gives Tang a star, which Tang delightedly shrieks at. Subodhi says, "To aspire to his level of skill, you must study. You can no longer rely on sheer dumb luck and cramming, cram boy."

---

Subodhi leaves the library as he attends to Mei in the training grounds, who eventually takes out all of his students. Subodhi says, "Ao Lie, the White Horse Dragon, was an exceptionally powerful being. But he was timid and nervous, lacking your confidence and borderline arrogance." Mei turns to him, "Hey! I'll show you arrogant, you-" "Proving my point," commented Subodhi.

Subodhi sighed, "As someone who once wielded the Samadhi Fire, I thought you would know that the flame that lights a candle is also capable of igniting a forest fire. You're capable of much more if only you would slow down and think. Ao Lie know when to take action and when to action caution, and by doing so, could summon tremendous power."

Mei sweatdrops, "Yeah, like I said, kinda learned all that already, so..." "Huh! We will see," said Subodhi as he turns to leave. But Mei asked, "Yo, what about my star?" Subodhi turns his head to her, "When you've earned it." He then leaves as Mei seethe and unleashes her rage on the training equipment.

---

Subodhi decides to hang out with Sandy next. Subodhi says, "You have nothing more to learn, my hilariously blue student. Another star for you!" He puts the star on Sandy's nose. Sandy smiled, "Oh, thank you, wise master." Subodhi comments, "But you're far too nice for your own good." Sandy blinks, "Uh-huh. You noticed."

---

Subodhi then went to go over to Pigsy who turns to him and says, "Look, it you're here to teach me some magic tricks or whatever, you can just forget about it, alright?" Subodhi comments, "Zhu Bajie was a stubborn one, too." Pigsy huffs and turns away with crossed arms, "Oh, what, you think we're the same, just because we're pigs, huh? Bet you think I'm just a disgusting little monster too."

Subodhi says, "Zhu Bajie had his vices. However, like all the companions, he grew up. He struggled the most, but he worked hard, not unlike yourself. Although, he didn't start out this way, in time, he became a deeply caring and protective creature. And a powerful ally. One of the best, in fact. The heart you have in abundance, the power." Subodhi puts a star on him, "Why, you've barely scratched the surface of your potential, and that's saying something."

Mei has seen what happened and strikes her sword into the dummy. While Subodhi shakes his head as he still looked at Pigsy, "By breaking these shackles you have imposed upon yourselves, you will become truly unstoppable warriors. Which is what the universe is going to need sooner than we might hope."

I was using OC maker BTW :3