46: The Corrupted King

Laughter of the Lady Bone Demon fills the air in the aftermath of possessing Sun Wukong. She stands back up, "Admittedly, this is an unforeseen adjustment, but a fortunate moment if spontaneity nonetheless. Fate has delivered me the perfect champion."

MK frowns, "B-But he was winning. He was beating you." Y/n turns concerned and worried as the Lady Bone Demon tilts her head, "Oh, sweet child." She chuckled, "Perhaps now you finally understand how pointless your efforts to stop me truly are. The Samadhi Fire will be me, and I will use its power to reforge this world." She looked at the possessed Wukong, "Go."

Y/n narrowed her eyes as Nezha shouts, "Boy, Y/n, get back!" Y/n steps back in surprise as Wukong went to attack Nezha. MK says, "Wait." Only to see Y/n just summon a shadow portal beneath MK as she transports him to a jungle as he screams out her name.

-In the Jungle-

"No... Y/n..." MK frowns but blinks, "Where am I?" Then he hears Mei's dragon roar in the distance, "Mei? Mei!"

---

At the base of the Mountain, Sandy was repairing the T.E.A. "What took so dang long?" Questioned Pigsy. Sandy turned his head to him, "Oh, my sweet Pigsy. One should always inspect their vaccine before heading out on a long drive. Safety first. Now steal in, friends. Let's go find Mei. Leggo!"

Tang blinks, "Uh, what was that?" They then fall into Tang Sanzang's secret library as Pigsy asked, "What just happened?" Sandy panics, "Oh, no. My T.E.A.! Why do I break all the things I love?" He sighed, "It's okay, gang. 22 to 48 hours of tinkering, and we'll get the old girl back on the road."

Pigsy widened his eyes, "48 hours? We got to find Mei now." Tang looked around, "Guys, look." Pigsy looked and blinked, "Is that Monkey King? Where are we? Kind of a weird spot to put a library, innit?" Tang shook his head, "No. It's- this must be an ancient holding for writings of the Great Monk, Tang Sanzang." Pigsy looked at a painting in the library, "Okay. Uh, maybe I'm crazy, but those are us, right?"

Sandy also looked at the painting, "Oh, we're finally getting into it, huh? So what do you think? I've got some theories." Tang stared at Pigsy, "B-B-But, Pigsy, what are you talking about? I've met your parents. These heroes existed hundreds of years ago. There's no way those could be us." Pigsy crossed his arms, "Oh, come on, Tang. A blue guy and a pig? We know Mei's descended from that dragon, and you literally have the same name as Tang Sanjang." "Tang Sanzang," corrected Tang. Pigsy huffed, "Sanzang."

He shook his head, "Yeah. I'm telling you, it's just too big a coincidence, don't you think? Oh, come on, you can't tell me you don't see it." Sany agrees, "Yeah, I'm with Pigdy on this. I mean, surely we found this place for a reason, right?" Tang frowns, "But compared to the Great Monk, I'm not great." Pigsy pats his arm, "You're pretty great to me, Tang. Besides, your story ain't over. Not yet."

---

At the temple, Red Son comments, "Not Bad, Dragon Girl. It's been nearly five minutes since your last explosion. Keep this up, and you'll be ready to wield the fire in no time." He then hears something and turns, "Huh?" He then sees MK covered in mud as he appears. Red Son facepalmed, "For the love of- I thought you were-" "A mud monster!" Yelled Mei. Red Son turned to her, "What, no, you Imbecile. It's just-" However, Mei shoots fire at MK, solidifying the mud. The mud cast cracks open, revealing MK as he hugged her.

"Mei? Mei! You're okay. You're not on fire. What happened?" Asked a teary eyed MK. Mei nods and grins, "Yep, yep, I'm okay. I'm okay, really. Actually, it's all thanks to Red Boy. Also, where's Buttercup?" MK blinks, "Wait what? Also... Y/n..." Mei frowns, "What happened?" MK tears up, "She... She made me teleport away... also... the Lady Bone Demon, she's after the Samadhi Fire." Red Son widen his eyes, "Wait, what? Y/n uses powers? And also you came here?!"