37: Smartie Kid

The Team was rolling in the Desert. Sandy asked, "Are we sure we're going in the right direction?" Tang shakes his head, "Not a clue. All Monkey King said to do was head west, so-" Mei questioned as she looked at the map which was held by Simba, "Why did anyone ever get anywhere using these?"

Wukong opened one eyes and asked, "Yo, blue thung, want to crank that AC, brother?" Mei turned to him, "Uh, hey. Little help up front, Monkey King?" Then Wukong tilts his head back and snores. Mei yelled, "Hey, I know you can hear me!" Wukong snores, "No, I can't." Mei huffs as MK popped up, "Mei, Monkey King needs to recharge after his fight with Ne Zha. He is in no state to waste his time on mere mortals. Especially now that I don't have my powers." Pigsy had his arms crossed, "Whoa, he told you that?"

MK nods, "We have a very honest relationship, Pigsy. Besides, that kind of Mystic Monkey meditation requires complete focus, apparently." Pigsy only facpalmed while Mei and Y/n sighs.

Sandy grins, "Come on, MK, don't be so glum! We'll roll down that window. Lil' fresh air never hurt-" However Sandy and MO scream as flames fly in through the window. Y/n says, "Oh my... this just became more worse." Sandy quickly rolls the window back up and nods in agreement. MO and Simba stamps out the fire from Sandy's hair.

Pigsy sighed, "Kid, you know there's more to you than just your powers, right?" MK grins, "Exactly. I've accepted until I get my staff back, I'm not gonna be the strong one anymore, which is why I'm gonna be...the smart one!" Y/n blinks in confusion, "Uh, what?" Tang felt very offended, "Excuse me?" Mei shakes her head, "Oh, MK..."

MK chuckled, "a² + b² = c². Oh, that's a triangle, boi!" Tang questioned, "Right, so how did this map work exactly? How does it know where to find the three Rings of Samadhi?" "This sounds like a jog for Smartur Kid!" Yelled MK as he examines the map he took from Simba. He hums, "I guess that symbol looks kinda like that one."

Mei blinks, "What?" She then rubs the red ring, "Those smudgey-looking things?" MK nods, "Yes, right? It's the, you know, firey-lookong one?" Pigsy asked, "Not to rush anyone, but how far until the next pit stop?" He shouted, "This desert's going on forever!" Y/n could only sigh as she sat back down. Simba looks at her then crawls over to her. Simba then crawls up and sits on her shoulder.

MK hums, "Well, if this map is up-to-date, then it looks like we're pretty close to... something?" The others minus Y/n groan. MK yelled, "It's fine, guys!" He then asked, "Right, Sandy and Y/n?" Y/n blinks in surprise. She only nods as Sandy agrees, "Of course, yeah." Then suddenly the T.E.A. breaks down as the group look at the thermometer. Y/n chuckled, "Oh, I think we mean no."

---

Sandy and Simba was taking a look at thr engine while the others check out in the desert.

Y/n asked, "Hey, MK? How is meditating going to help Wukkong?" MK shrugs, "Well, I dunno. He's a little bit sketchy on the details." MK then recalls about what Wukong said before he went into meditation.

"Sometimes to find what we lost, we need to begin where we started. Look within ourselves. So I'm gonna do just that and go into some deep meditation. Wake me up some time in the next uh, I don't know, hundred years. 'Kay? Bye!"

Then Wukong enters his transcendental meditation as Past MK yelled in shock, "Wait, what?!"

MK was poking Wukong while Mei snaps photos of him as Y/n shook her head at them. Tang yelled, "H²OMG, you guys! Is that?" Then the group sees an oasis while y/n could only blink in confusion, 'Did we lose our minds already?' However, y/n felt herself get dragged by MK over to the oasis as she sighed, 'Oh well...'