Ep 17: Edge of Disaster, Part 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sea

(Astrid is flying happily on Stormfly above the ocean)

Astrid: I could stay up here all day. But, we have work to do, don't we, girl?

-----Time Skip-----

(Astrid flies up to a watch tower and sees the "twins" standing there)

Astrid: Hey! Guys! You are officially relieved from guard duty! Guys!

(She tries to get their attention but the twins don't answer back to her making her groan)

Astrid: Stormfly, get me in close, would you? Why do we have to go through this every single...

(She sees that the twins are just two dummies made to look like the twins)

Astrid: Are you kidding me?

(She takes their helmets and flies back towards the edge)

Dragon's Edge

(Astrid is explaining the twins' apparent insubordiantion to Hicca and Y/n)

Astrid: They didn't stand their watch. Those dummies left two dummies in their place.

Hicca: You know, those dummies could conceivably be just as effective as the twins.

Y/n: Maybe even more effective.

Astrid: Not funny. We built that watchtower so that-

Y/n: We know why we built it, Astrid.

Astrid: I just don't understand how this isn't making you completely insane.

Hicca: Because, then there'd be three crazy people in this conversation and we probably wouldn't resolve anything.

Astrid: Are you saying I'm-

Y/n: Let me talk to the twins. I'll get their side of the story, then we can figure out what we need to do.

Astrid: I guess it's a start.

(The twins land next to them)

Astrid: Well, if it isn't our crack security team now.

Tuffnut: Oh! Please, please, there's no need to shower us with accolades.

Astrid: Tuff, you left two dummies to protect this entire base. What were you thinking?

(A terrible terror flies towards them and lands on Y/n's arm)

Y/n: Terror Mail.

Tuffnut: "Dummies," you say?

Ruffnut: She does. Poor confused thing.

Tuffnut: What you failed to realize in your foggy morning state, is that those are not dummies. They are scareships.

Astrid: Scareships? You're serious?

Ruffnut: You didn't see any ships near the island, did you?

Tuffnut: I think not. And why? They were appropriately scared away. By the appropriately named "scareships".

Astrid: Are you following any of this?