Ep 36: Midnight Scrum

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Island

Viking 1: Come back here!

Viking 2: Get him!

Viking 1: Where'd he go?

Viking 2: Don't let him get away!

(Y/n is running as an arrow and an axe slice through the air just in front of him and he gasps)

Y/n: Whoa!

(Y/n keeps running. Other feet, clearly those of bulkier men, carry his pursuers just behind him)

Viking 1: We'll get you!

Viking 2: He's on the right! Behind that tree! Come on! We're getting closer!

(A viking jumps off a cliff, an axe raised above his head, and shouting. Y/n dodges, sliding down a hill. He laughs, perhaps slightly manically, at his victory, but it is short lived as he looks ahead)

Y/n: Wha? Whoa!

(Y/n's slide becomes a tumble as he loses control of his momentum. Within earshot, Astrid, Hicca, Toothless, Stormfly, and Bahamut are gathering apples)

Y/n: Bahamut!

(Bahamut drops the bucket of apples he was carrying, his expression turning fierce as he attempts to locate his rider. Y/n crests a nearby hill, on his feet again and still running)

Y/n: Bahamut!

(Behind him, a number of burly vikings also crest the hill, shouting, hot on his heels. Y/n slides again, trying to increase his speed. Stormfly and Toothless with Astrid and Hicca astride them, rush forward in the air. Bahamut rushes forward on the ground, using his wings to cover more ground in each bound. He clears the still sliding Y/n, putting himself between the vikings and his rider. Y/nskids to a stop, eyes fixed on his dragon. Bahamut fires a plasma blast into the oncoming men, scattering several into the air)

Astrid: Get 'em, Stormfly.

Hicca: Blast 'em, bud!

(The vikings struggle to dodge Stormfly's spine-shot and Toothless' plasma blast, falling over themselves on the slope. One man loses a rolled up piece of paper as he tumbles. His companion flees, followed by the man who had fallen as soon as he regains his feet)

Astrid: Yeah, that's right! Keep running!

(Astrid and Hicca turn Toothless and Stormfly from the fleeing men to Y/n. The pair land near where Y/n came to a stop. He's sitting in the grass, recovering)

Hicca: You okay, Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah, I think so.

(Bahamut pads up and licks most of his face in one go)

Y/n: Ugh! I'm all right, bud...

(Y/n pets the top of Bahamut's head and climbs to his feet. In the foreground, the paper dropped by the fleeing man rustles in the breeze)

Hicca: Who were those guys?

Astrid: They didn't look like Dragon Hunters...

Y/n: You know, I don't know. With all the flying axes and tumbling down hills, I forgot to ask.