Charlie Conway

Part 2 to the previous one (more Charlie involved)

Exiting the washroom, Adam had been waiting for you to come back since you'd asked someone to come with you for in case anyone tried hitting on you. An outdoor venue had you gobsmacked at Charlie's choice for dinning but obsoletely in love with the idea. Adam looked up as you walked out, a little grimace plastered his pale features as you stepped out in heels.

He had no idea why you chose to wore heels if there was going to be walking involved afterward, and your attire was a little more on the revealing side. Mind you, he couldn't take his eyes off every part of you and that was a goal you intended to have. To have both Charlie and Adam's eyes glued to you, but more so Charlie's that evening than Adam.

Falling back against the wall separating the washrooms, you pulled a piece of curled hair back behind your ear as he stopped in front of you. Your purple silk haltered top exposed a bit of side boob as you fixed your right breast quickly, and he didn't watch, which you wouldn't care if he did. A pair of white jeans had you extra cautious of your choices and had you regretting the color.

You watched him rub the nape of his neck anxiously as his attention veered back and forth down the hall continuously, as if he was afraid and searching for someone to come by. His polo long sleeve rolled up to his elbows due to the dish he ordered was a little mess worthy, and to your dismay, found it cute and corny.

Pursing your chapped lips, you remained leaning back on the wall as a few girls walked by you to the washroom. "A little too quiet tonight." You mentioned to him, flipping your hair back behind your shoulders.

Adam inhaled. "Kinda awkward standing out here with my best friend's girlfriend." He answered you.

You shrugged and leaned forward, patting his chest with assurance. "You'll be fine, Adam."

You weren't worried what so ever because Charlie was so in love with you, he didn't take much notice to the people around him. He always had his eye on you and Adam was his best friend, why would he have to worry about guy he trusted so much?

"Easy for you to say."

A light scoff came from you as he walked by him, your shoulder hitting him as he stepped aside for you to walk by. "I can act like there's nothing going on between us, but little exchanges like this- alone." He emphasized. "Will have him suspicious."

You turned around quickly, he ran into you without realizing you were gonna stop and brought a hand out below your elbow to catch you. "He let you come with me, didn't he?"

He shrugged, knowing she was right but still was agitated about it. Cheating and hanging out with the guy while hiding it made him feel worst than he was about the entire situation.

Adam and you had been hiding this for just over two months now. At school, Adam was very good at ignoring you in a way you felt was all right considering the circumstances. He gave the odd 'hey' and held a conversation with you among a group of friends but never were you two alone at school. He did a good job at faking your hidden relationship behind everyone, especially Charlie.

You also played it cool in public, keeping your distance from Adam and the flirting to an absolutely zero. Your attention was always on Charlie and everything you did in public was with him, never any other guy. You watched the hockey games in his jacket and went for dates every Friday night, you spent hours at each others' houses, and he didn't suspect a thing.

You knew very well cheating on Charlie was wrong but you couldn't bring yourself to leave him because you still loved him. He was there for you when you needed someone and you were always there for him at any of his events, and when he needed someone, too. It was a relationship like the books, you two had wanted each other since the day you lied eyes on the other.