Chapter 2: I Will Kill You

When Summer opened her eyes again, all she saw was snow white.

The taste of medicine was stimulating her senses, and she chuckled at herself.

She thought she was done for, but even the grim reaper didn't want to take her. This place...was not a black room, it was a hospital.

Thinking of Bo Yichen's departure, she subconsciously touched her stomach.

She knew she was pregnant, but was the child still there?

"Don't worry, the child is still there."

A slightly comforting voice came and a nurse stood by her bedside.

The child was still there.

She didn't have a miscarriage.

Summer weakly curved her lips and felt a twinge of relief in her eyes.

Perhaps...Bo Yichen realized his mistake and decided to let her go, bringing her out of the black room and sending her to the hospital.

The nurse said again, "Your uterine wall is weak and it's easy to cause a miscarriage."

This sentence was like a cold shower, and Summer shivered. She subconsciously guarded her stomach and secretly vowed to do everything she could to protect this child.

Not long after the nurse left, a crisp sound of footsteps came.

A beautifully dressed woman walked in, proud like a peacock with a contemptuous attitude towards everything.

"Yikeren!"

Summer Night's pupils shrank at the sight of the newcomer, and three words squeezed out from between her teeth.

Yikeren lifted her red lips and twisted her waist like a water snake as she walked towards the sickbed. 

She coquettishly smiled and said, "Don't look at me with that kind of gaze. After all, I am your savior."

"Savior? Yikeren, don't pretend to be kind here!"

"If it weren't for me, how could you have had the chance to be released from prison and lie here? The child in your belly was also saved by me."

"What do you mean?" Yikeren's eyes flashed with a sinister light as she stared at Summer Night.

"It means that you should give birth to the child obediently, and I will take good care of him. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have been humiliated and lost my uterus!"

"You're dreaming. I will never give my child to you! Bo Yichen will not agree!"

Summer Night was angry, glaring at Yikeren as hatred stirred inside her.

"Who do you think came up with this idea? It was Bo Yichen! From the moment you gave birth to the child, you will never see him in this lifetime! But don't worry, I'll take good care of him."

The woman emphasized the words 'take good care of him' deliberately.

"I will find ways to torture and torment him," she continued.

"No!" Xia Ye was about to go crazy. How could she be so cruel?

"What happened back then had nothing to do with me. I was wrongly accused!" she said.

Icyan sneered, "Of course, I know you were wrongly accused because those men... were the ones I hired."

Xia Ye was shocked to hear this and asked in a whisper, "It was you... who framed me?"

"No!" Icyan shouted angrily, her expression contorted. "You were the one who was supposed to be kidnapped and humiliated back then! If it weren't for the unexpected turn of events, those men would have demanded more money from me. I wouldn't have argued with them and I wouldn't have been... " She felt ashamed just thinking about it.

"All of this is your fault!" she accused Xia Ye.

Hearing the truth, Xia Ye couldn't believe it.

"You're crazy! You trapped yourself and blamed me. Even the accident that happened to Yi Lin was because you made Bo Yichen think it was me!"

Xia Ye finally understood everything on a summer night.

She never thought that all the suffering she had endured for so long was just a show orchestrated by Yi Ke.

"I'm going to kill you, Yi Ke!"

Xia Ye was raging, and she raised her hand and slapped Yi Ke hard across the face.