McDonalds?

After I had gotten back to the crumby motel we were staying in I packed my things and headed out to find some where I could go. But I realized that my options were extremely limited and when I say limited I mean so limited that the only place I could actually afford to be in was Micky D's.

I mean hey it was open 24 hours and nobody really even questioned why you were just sitting down looking at people walk up and down the street through the windows that seemed to be kept very pristine for a fast food restaurant.

I ordered myself a Big Mac and some fries with some money I took from proofs gambling habits. I mean I didn't count it as stealing because he really shouldn't be gambling anyway and besides most likely this money was just going to end up in the hands of some snobby professional so i considered to be doing him a favor. Maybe now he would sit his ass down and start actually helping Marshall.

Marshall.

This would be a name that I know I probably won't be forgetting any time soon but I really didn't have a choice because I seriously don't plan on seeing him ever again.

I sipped on some water and nibbled on a few fries until a person randomly decided to sit themselves in front of me.

"Hi." A lady said placing her jewel studded purse on the table and setting her large cup of coffee on the side.

"Hey..." I said unsure to why out of all the seats she decided to sit herself across from me.

"Sorry to intrude but it looked like you could use a friend right about now." The lady said taking a sip of coffee before placing her full attention on me.

"Really i looked that depressed?" I spoke astonished that my mood was really showing.

"Yeah, oh my name is Courtney by the way." She said stretching out her hand for me to shake.

I awkwardly stretched my hand out and shook it and to my surprise her hand was really cold and some what clammy.

I figured it must've been the temperature from outside.

"I'm Maybelline and yeah I guess I am pretty sad." I admitted not really knowing why I was telling a stranger my problems.

"Why?" She asked.

"Well it's kind of a long story but I guess if i could just give you one word you'd probably be able to figure it out."

"Try me." She said.

"Detroit." I replied.

Her mouth formed an "O" as she nodded. "You're from Detroit aren't you? Yeah I heard things are pretty terrible down there.." She said turning her head to the Tv in the corner that just so happened to be talking about 100 killings taking place within the last few days.