Day 1 On Lock down

"Did you find any food?" I stood helping marshall through the window. "Yeah, I found a bag of Doritos, a minutemaid and 5 cans of soup, take your pick." Marshall said while displaying it as if it was a 5 star meal. "I'll have the soup and Doriots chef Marshall.' Marshall gave a small smile and handed me a can of soup. "We'll share the Doritos." I watched as he opened the bag and popped a few in his mouth." "Of course they're stale." Marshall sighed handing me the rest. "Well it's better than nothing." I spoke while shrugging my shoulder grabbing the old rusty can opener, While reaching for a can of chicken noodle soup.

"So how's the kid?" Marshall spoke looking down towards my stomach. I placed my hand over my forming bump in happiness and worry. "It's fine but I am worried, What if we run out of food?" "Well then i'll go find some more you and "it" will be okay." Marshall spoke grabbing the can and opening it himself. i guess he saw me struggling. "Thanks" I smiled warmily. "No problem." Me and Marshall have been stuck in this apartment for a little over 12 days and yet I don't know know a thing about him except his ex-wife and kid got seperated and it's to dangerous to go searching.

"I guess you'd better get searching for your family huh?" "Yeah, but Ican't just leave you here with your unborn kid and all." That honestly caught me by surprise why would a stranger care about my unborn child I wanted to ask but settled for the next best question. "Why?" "I just don't feel right leaving a pregnant lady in the middle of the biggest rebellion known to man kind, I mean you and your kid could get massacred and it'd be all my fault." Well who am I to object?" I gave a weak smile and drank my chicken noodle soup out dingy rusted can, When something caught my eye. "Hey is that a radio?" Marshall looked over to where i was looking and a smile lit his pale tired face. "Holy sh*t! it is!" We pratically ran to the radio.

Please work, Please work I silently prayed marshall turned the switch and soon are ears were filled with snoop dog and some female singer. "This my sh*t!" Marshall exclaimed turning it up. "Umm not to interrupt but do you think we can turn it to something helpful like....the news?" I asked a little angered by his child actions. I mean who has the time to dance in the middle of a rebellion? "Right sorry." He mumbled while turning the station "Today Detroit is undergoing the worst rebellion known to mankind we suggest everyone stay in their homes due to prison breaks that have been made. We alert you that these prisoners are highly dangerous. If you are found outside anywhere between 8:00pm and 6:00am you will be considered a threat and arrested on scene. No stores will remain open until government claims it's safe to do so, This has been your hourly update. 

BCCHHHHEEEE!

The static came on indicating the report was indeed over. "Oh my God this is worse than i thought!" I whispered scared that if i spoke to loudly something bad would surely happen. "Sh*t i hope my baby is alright." Marshall spoke shakingly "I mean she's just a little girl she doesn't know how to survive out there i've got to find her!" I watched as he shook and unraveled right in front of me.

"Well go find her, you don't have to stay with me i'll be fine i've survived these dangerous streets way before you came along." I spoke confidently but on the inside was a completely different story. "Yeah but your pregnant Maybelline.' Maybelline yes that is my name but sounded different coming from him and i have no idea why. I guess you can also add that to the  list of things I don't know.

"You know what? Come with me." He smiled which made me blush a little. Oh God What's wrong with me? This man has a family of his own to protect he most certaintly don't need another. I patted my bump and looked tiredly up at him. "Maybelline come on use your head, Your a pregnant 21 year old surviving in the worse rebellion known to earth all by yourself. Now you tell me what sense that makes."

Marshall frowned while giving a hint of worry in his eyes." I don't know i'll just be holding you back." All of my life i've been known to hold people back even my own parents believed i held them back maybe that's why i ran.."No you won't, come on I can't leave you here." I Sighed and hesitantly nodded my head. "Great, now we better start packing everything we need to survive out there and 3 cans of soup and a minutemaid ain't gone cut it." Marshall spoke with a little enthusiasm that wasn't there before.

"But where wille we get anymore supplies this is detroit Eminem." "Eminem?" "Yeah short for marshall mathers" "Yeah maybe that could be my rap name!" "Rap name?" I asked puzzled this man raps? But..isn't he white? "Yeah, I uhh plan on being a famous rapper me and my homie proof gonna be big maybelline." Wait did he say proof? I've heard of him he raps battles in that shelter place i've heard him rap and he's really good. Marshalls his friend?

"Hey your proof's friend?" "Yeah you know him?" " Yeah i've heard of him he's a really great rapper, So you must be good, can ou rap for me?" Marshalls face turned a sickly pale and he for only a second looked worried. "Sorry Maybelline not now." I nodded deciding not to ask any questions. 

"Well we better head out then." I spoke shyly trying to break the tense moment we were definitely sharing. "Yeah let's go." Marshall grabbed the little supplies we had and lead us out the old abandoned apartmen we were living in. When we finally made is safely out the building we were met with a devastating sight.

cliff hanger!! So what do you think of my story? Should i continue or not? Comment and rate please :3