The bitter truth

I don't remember much after the shooting only bits and pieces like how marshall and proof some how managed to subdue the man inside and find me in a hysterical fit with a long gone robin in a pool of her own blood.

And then there was the memory of marshall picking me up and sitting me in the back seat of the car while proof carried her limp body away.

Then  i rememeber times where there were no words at all just a whole lot of tears and regret that filled the silence in that car.

Now what i don't remember..

I don't remember the conversations we had about how good of a person she was.

Why should i?

She already knew how good of a person she was..and so did everybody else.

There were no words that could've been said in that moment to make me feel worse.

But some how marshall was an exception when it came to things that were utterly impossible.

"I think you should go." Marshall spoke breaking the silence.

Gaining me and proofs attention.

"What?" I spoke turning towards him who was staring blankly out the window into the empty streets.

We had been in that car for a good three hours without moving but just sitting their going through the events that happened just three hours ago.

It felt like days.

"I said i think you should go, ya know? Be with your family."

I shot him a suprised look not believing the words that was coming out of his mouth. Was he serious? Did he really expect me to up and leave after everything that has happened today?

I was about to respond but was cut off.

"I don't want you to get hurt maybelline." He confessed taking his face away from the window to look at me.

Then i saw it.

He looked gone.

His eyes were puffy and red from crying no longer casting off a beautiful shade of blue but more like a dull cloudy sky. His skin looked pale, there was blood on his face and hands from helping proof find a burial place for robin. His clothes were dirty from digging. And for once i could just tell he was barely hanging on to himself.

"I'm not leaving." I spoke.

"I wasn't asking you." His tone suddenly changing to one of warning. "You are going home to your sister,father, mother, and kid you hear me?" His eyes locked on mine in determance.

"Your not my father you can't tell me what i am and am not going to do!" I yelled sending him a glare to back up my tone.

He looked taken aback for a minute before returning to his determined  demeanor.

"Get out the car."  His voice showing not even a hint of doubt.

He was dead serious.

"Excuse me?"

"I said get out the car." He repeated his voice carrying a hint of annoyance.

I didn't reply but crossed my arms in a "Make me" kind of form.

He didn't reply instead he reached over to my car door side opened it a pushed me out the car.

"I SAID GET YOUR ASS OUT THE F***ING CAR!" He snapped.

I hit the ground so hard i heard a crack in my arm and the next thing i knew i was laying on the ground clutching my arm in absolutely agony.

"What the hell!?" Proof yelled jumping out the car to assist me.

But my tear filled eyes stayed on marshall.

"I'm fine." I lied pushing proof away from me.

I got up my hand still clutching my left arm. "Why are you doing this?" My voice filled with pain giving away the lie i had just told.

"It's so dangerous out here Maybelline, I'm dangerous you don't need to be around me." He spoke from inside the car looking down on me worriedly.

"Marshall i've been by you since this whole thing even started. So why would i give up on you now? I know things have been difficult i know! But that is no excuse on to why you would leave me! You have done so much for me these past months/year i can't just allow you to leave, where would you go?"

"Maybel-"

"NO SHUTUP I'm talking now! How dare you just shove me out of your life like i ain't sh*t? I have put up with your crazy psychotic episodes! You nearly killed me and i forgave you! You have gotten me tangled up in all of your bullcrap and now your giving me a get out of jail free card? THIS AIN'T A FRICKING GAME OF MONOPOLY MARSHALL!"

"May-" By this time he was out of the car walking directly towards me before i pushed him back.

"I SAID SHUTUP  AS*HOLE! I've gaven you drugs from my dad! Found you food! Found your brother! Helped you looked for your daughter and crazy girlfriend! And now your just going to ditch me!? IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT! AND IF YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND I'M JUST GOING TO GET UP AND LEAVE LIKE NONE OF THESE HAVE EVER EVEN HAPPENED YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR FRICKING MIND!"

I didn't even realize that i was sobbing at this point.

"Maybelin-"

"WHY ARE YOU SO DETERMINED FOR ME TO LEAVE YOU?" I cried.

Silence filled the facinity and i had had it i got up and started walking in the opposite direction absolutely pissed about what he had said. My arm was aching from every angle and i was just about to turn around the corner before five words stopped me dead in my tracks.

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . .

"MAYBE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh my God...WHAT!? HE SAID WHAT!? I know right well how's that for a confession? ;) Suprised or Naw? Don't get to excited because this just might take some twist a turns..x) OH AND REVIEWS AND LIKES HELP KEEP ME MOTIVATED TO WRITE!  :)