Part - 18 A Choice

Bismarck continued to comply with the guards as they escorted her down numerous flights of stairs.

Each layer of deck they passed, the deeper into the beast they got,

The hallways were dark gray, with pipes everywhere, like the ship had large steel organs, the deeper she got.

As much as Bismarck wanted to break free, she knew that this crew was likely extremely confused and concerned with the events going on,

Perhaps a peaceful solution could be found?

It was strange feeling so calm, even when your captors had guns, and were dragging you to the ship's brig, it was almost like something was calming her down.

Z23 had seen her get captured, perhaps she still held hope for the Iron Blood forces to get her out, and that was what made her so calm.

One of the guards opened a barred steel door,

"Enter" he said in German

Bismarck complied, stepping into the steel cell,

*SLAM!

"Wait here." Another guard said as he went off, leaving one outside of her stall.

—————————

Bridge

Oels made his way onto the bridge,

Numerous sailors and bridge crew were scattered everywhere, doing their daily work routine,

Captain Lindemann was standing in the middle of the group, observing the small amounts of icebergs leave his vision.

The Bismarck was getting out of the arctic.

"Herr Captain! No damages so far have been sustained!" The XO said.

"Good, anything else? How is our fuel levels?" The Captain said, not even batting an eye,

"Well, more fuel is spilling into the Atlantic as we speak sir, I can't imagine that our situation is good, we are steaming for the last known location of Brest France, but we have had to expend fuel in our recent engagements." The XO said.

"How about the Admiral? Is he doing alright?" The Captain said.

"He has been trying to contact high command, however the radio must've taken a hit, because there has not been any response." The XO said.

"In how long?" The captain asked,

"Well, we've sent out numerous messages detailing the state of the ship, but no return messages have arrived."

"Are those aliens intercepting or blocking our communications?" The Captain said

"Unknown sir." The XO responded.

"What about those loud bangs earlier? Was that the doing aliens?" The Captain replied.

"Uh, erm....I wouldn't say the doing of aliens sir, but it has been resolved." The XO said.

"If aliens didn't do it, then who did? I don't think any live firing exercises had been planned." The Captain said.

"Uhm.....