Part - 39 Hamburg Aflame

Daniel's POV

"We have to go! RIGHT NOW!" Daniel shouted at the top of his lungs.

"What?!" Was pretty much a unanimous response.

"What are you trying to?-" Fritz said through his mic, before

*VREEWW!

An aircraft of some kind flew overhead

*KARAKA-BOOOOOM!

A missile smashed into the building just across from the banquet hall, showering the street in chunks of debris.

"Frick! I think we're under attack!" Daniel said

(You think?)

"Hamburg port is under attack from Siren forces! All Kansen units are ordered to engage immediately!" The loudspeakers shouted,

"Sirens! Those scum!" Bismarck shouted at the top of her lungs, immediately manifesting her......

She forgot that she couldn't summon her rigging, even if it was just for a split second.

She cussed under her own breath as the overexertion of her wisdom cube caused her to feel a jolt of pain.

"Verd***t!"

"Lord Bismarck!" U-556 squealed immediately after seeing Bismarck fall to her knee,

"I-I'm fine...." She grunted.

"Ugh... don't worry I'll get her to safety, you two should get out there, it seems that you're needed." Daniel said, referring to Z23 and U-556.

Nimi traded one last look at Bismarck before bolting for the docks.

U-556 took slightly more convincing, but eventually she ran off towards the docks as well.

————————

"Alright, how are we going to get across this port.... which is under attack?" Daniel said to himself

"You didn't have any ideas?" Bismarck said.

"They needed to stop worrying about you, I was also sure that I could find a way to do it.....

Buuuuut...." Daniel began to say

And then, with not a better timing, a Siren aircraft zoomed overhead, raking the ground with laser fire.

Two unfortunate Ironblood soldiers were caught in the crossfire, practically being vaporized instantly.

"Uh... Yeah I don't think we can just simply take cover from lasers." Daniel said.

"So... you're saying that you told Z23 and U-556 to go, without thinking about our safety??" Bismarck said, understandably outraged.

"I figured that I'd think of something..." Daniel said.

They both just stared outside the windows as the deafening sounds of explosions and gunfire rang out, seemingly rocking the port.

"Hey.... who could possibly be parked in the parking lot over here?" Daniel said, referring to the banquet hall's parking lot.