Part - 29 Streng Geheim!

On the other side of the Port

Captain Ernst Lindemann stared out at the foggy port, solemnly watching his beloved warship being towed away by tugs

It was painful, to say the least, but it was good to be on solid ground for the first time in days.

The Bismarck had lost so much fuel in its escapade to the point where it was impossible even to start the engines,

However, even if the ship had the fuel to start the massive width of the ship meant that it was extremely hard to maneuver at slow speed, making tight port maneuvers a nightmare, even for experienced seamen.

But even then, leaving his ship he was entrusted with, to the mercy of a country he had never been to, seen on a map, or even heard about in general was still alarming, no matter the intent.

Right next to Captain Lindemann was Admiral Lütjens, who appeared to be just as cross and frustrated with the situation as he was, however, the admiral never let an ounce of emotion escape from his expression.

He was overlooking a classified document that had been given to him by the local commanding officer of this port, a smaller, but heavily bearded man by the name of Shmekelberger,

Looked like he was torn out of a history book on Prussian leaders, he was very ceremonial in dress, his temper was not one of restraint however,

However, the Kriegsmarine was the Naval branch of the German armed forces, and not this Iron Blood country, and despite their high titles of rank, had little to no power here.

A rain droplet tapped Lindemann on his shoulder,

"Rain...." Lindemann said to himself

Hamburg was always foggy and rainy, just now, it wasn't the city that he was used to, instead, it was filled with enormous structures and massive color screens dominating extremely tall buildings, a very futuristic landscape indeed.

Lindemann sat next to Lütjens on an outdoor table, one that came with an umbrella to protect against the gently falling rain.

Lindemann looked over,

The admiral was looking through the folder, his expression getting more and more surprised.

"Captain, you might want to read this." Admiral Lütjens said.

He slid the folder over.