Part - 47 Rewind

With the sirens finally being left in the dust, or rather, the wake

The Bismarck was finally able to find a port in the Norwegian territories, where it could offload the substantial amount of refugees it accumulated.

—————

As such, the interior was crowded with refugees trying to get out.

As well as busy crew, who were certainly not accustomed to living on a ship with a thousand extra mouths to feed.

Unfortunately, the dock only had two gangways to get across so there were huge lines coming out from the decks of the ship.

"One at a time!"

"Get out! Stay in a line!"

A few babies were crying,

Whatever terrible insanity dealing with refugees entailed, not being attacked was always a win.

—————

Speaking of being attacked, that seemed to be the only constant in this messed-up world, it had been an absolutely WILD ride since they appeared here.

First they were dumped off in the arctic circle,

And almost immediately they come under attack by ALIENS.

Then they made it to the Port in Hamburg to realize that Germany doesn't exist anymore, replaced with some ridiculous new version of it.

They almost got killed when they tried to retake their own ship.

Then aliens attacked, again,

and now they have escaped from the aliens, AGAIN, and with no sign of going home to see their families, loved ones, and friends. Which at this point, homesickness was so rampant on the ship, that they wanted it all to be over and to just go home already.

Probably the only thing keeping the crew from committing mass suicide was the rapidly-depleting stocks of beer.

To them, this wasn't some cartoon some teenagers could watch, this was life and death.

——————

For Daniel, in particular, he just wanted to go home,

He never signed up to be Isekai'd to another world, not to mention a video game inside of his friend's phone.

But now he had unintentionally created a friend out of a half-Battleship half-girl person who lost almost all of her memories of being a battleship, and he was trying to save her life because she was doomed to die.

(at least he'd consider her his friend, he had absolutely no idea how she thought of him)

Yep, truly a wild ride indeed.

—————

Daniel squeezed through the hallways, trying to find a room where he and Bismarck could talk.

"Move! Uh... excuse me! I need to get through!" Daniel practically shouted,

The hallways on this ship weren't big, but when there were three people standing basically shoulder to shoulder in the same hallway, it became really small, really fast.