Part - 31 The Banquet Part I

POV: Daniel, Fritz, and Z23 on their way to the banquet hall.

Just after Z23 introduced herself to Fritz (the commander) one of the nearby guards notified him to get to the banquet hall, as it was about to start

Unfortunately, Fritz was stuck in the main menu screen, his character just moved to wherever the area he was supposed to go was, so since the next part of the voice lines took place at the banquet hall, the character model would move to the banquet hall, and after getting inside, just stand around awkwardly.

But no one bothered to voice discontent with the commander because of his rank.

Or worse yet, Fritz would cuss them out if he overheard them through his headphones.

All three of them were in the car, with Fritz riding shotgun.

Nimi and Daniel were both guests.

Also, Daniel preferred to call Z23 Nimi instead, mainly because calling someone by a single letter and two numbers gets really strange really quick.

"Hey mister Daniel... can I ask you a question?" Nimi asked

"Yeah, what is it?" Daniel said.

"How do you know the commander?" Nimi asked.

"Well.... Its kind of a long story...." Daniel said

"Do you play video games?" Daniel asked

"What? Why would you be asking about that now?" Nimi said.

"Did you ever wonder what it was like being inside of one?" Daniel said.

"Why are you telling me about this.... Does it have something to do with you and the commander?" Nimi said.

Daniel decided to not hold back on the truth

"Well, if you are actually conscious Nimi, then you are witnessing what it's like to be a sprite in a video game." Daniel said

Nimi blinked, recoiling backwards slightly,

But a lot of crazy things were happening.

.....As unbelievable as it was, the possibility wasn't exactly off the table, she thought in the back of her mind.

"Okay, okay. So.... If we are in a video game, what does the commander have to do with a video game?" Nimi asked.

"Well, as far as I can tell, the commander is an avatar of my friend from my world, and his name is Fritz." Daniel said.

"Oh....." Nimi said, spacing out.