𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝

"In your eyes, I see the stars
In your touch, I feel the moon
In your love, I find my home
Forever in your arms, I'll swoon."

"Hey dad, what's up? Everything alright?

"Hey dad, what's up? Everything alright?." I say, as it's unusual for my dad to call up during the day. "Yah, yah, son if you don't mind and you're not too busy can you come home, I wanted to talk you about something important." He says. " sure dad" I say as I close all the work and pick up my stuff.

I feel like something is wrong but my dad sounded chill. And my dad is the kind of person, who would panic in any situation he doesn't like.I love both my parents to pieces, growing up they were protective of me but not to the point where they wouldn't let me do anything.

They have always let me try everything and do everything and anything I want but they always warned me away from bad stuff. And I was brought up in such a way that even if my friends indulged in it I never did. I was a very goal oriented person. Since I was in 9th grade i knew wanted to go to Stanford on scholarship and I worked very very hard to make my goal a success.

And on the way to that success I got into many new hobbies, I love to play guitar and was always a part of the school choir , I have always loved animals and have loved to ride horses since I was 5 years old, I took up painting too but decided against it after 2 years, when there was no improvement.

I do cook though and don't believe in the stereotype that women should know how to cook, in fact in the future if my wife or my girlfriend didn't know how to cook I will be more than happy. I know how to cook a lot of cuisines . I love to travel and I am an independent person, and I would like to believe that I am well mannered as well.

On the drive home I pick my parents favourite ice creams and mine too. When I was young my dad would take my mom and me to eat ice cream 3 days a week, even though my mom wouldn't approve of it. She loved ice cream too much to say anything against it. My dad is absolutely in love with my mother, they had an arrange marriage and not love marriage.

And they are just so happy with each other, that I was never against arrange marriages either but preferred love marriages. I am happy too with my life , but I sometimes think that if I had a partner with whom I can share love with, I tried dating but all the women these days want to capture a rich guy to exploit, so dating was hopeless.

As soon as I reach home, near the gate and it opens and my mom hugs me tightly. "Why don't you ever come meet us? I missed you so damn much." She says. " mom I missed you too, and I just came here day before yesterday. How come you already miss me, don't you get tired of seeing me every other day." I say trying to joke, but she smacks my bum and murmurs "never".

We break the hug and we walk inside the house side by side and enter the kitchen, where dad is cooking something, funny thing even mom doesn't know how to cook, she tried to cook and almost burned the house down, since then dad has strictly prohibited her to cook. It's either me or him who cooks for her.

"Hey dad!" I side hug him, and he pats me on my back and kisses my cheek, my dad never lacked showing his love for me or my mom. He was a down to earth man smitten with my mom. I always loved my dad and mom so so much, nothing comes before them.

"Sit down baby, we want to ask you something." Mom says and sits down in the seat beside me. I sit and dad passes me a smile before he speaks " ok what we're about to ask you, you can definitely say no." He says and I nod. " so my friend Rahul Aggarwal wants you take over his company and marry his daughter. Do you want to?" He says in without holding back.

I think over the possibility, of-course the offer is very nice but only the over taking of the company part, I don't want to marry whoever this girl is, what if she is like other girls a gold digger. But I don't want to judge a girl just like that, so I say " the offer is good, but I don't know if I want to just marry a girl I don't know. What if she is bad."

"Oh son, don't worry about her being a gold digger or anything. She is an absolute sweety, I have met her before, a very well mannered, beautiful girl. Just the kind of girl you need." He says with a smile, happy with my answer. "But if you like we can meet there family, Rahul has invited us for breakfast at 9 tomorrow morning to final the date of the marriage if you say yes."

"Ok then dad, we can go" I say really hoping that the girl is nice. If my parents feel that she is a nice girl then, she must be, they are very choosy, they don't like any girl I have gotten home . It's like they already know how she is before I can sense it. I trust my parents judgement. "Does she want to marry me?" I say, I don't want to marry a girl who doesn't want to get married or is being forced into it.

"I think so, that's what Rahul said." Dad said. I don't want tomorrow to come but for some weird reason I also want it to. I don't know why but I have a good sense about her.

 I don't  know why but I have a good sense about her