𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏: 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝-𝐢𝐧-𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝

"In your eyes, I see stars aglow,
And your snoring, like a gentle flow.
You steal the covers, it's true, my dear,
But in your arms, I have nothing to fear.
Through laughter and quirks, our love takes flight,
Forever together, you and I, day and night."

I was boiling with so much anger, and she could see it though I had a calm exterior

I was boiling with so much anger, and she could see it though I had a calm exterior. She kept fidgeting with my fingers and the ring on my finger. Her nose was flowing, I knew the reason, she was overthinking and feeling sad. I need to get the situation in control, before she breaks down, I really want her to confront her dad, but I don't want her getting hurt in the process.

In the past few months there has been a lot of changes in her, she doesn't look at herself and say she is not liking how she is looking and instead of me telling her, which I do anyways, she will come happily telling me how pretty she is looking. I didn't want us to go back to square one.

I picked up both our empty plates, and she tried to take them from me, but a single glare from me made her leave the plates. I went to the kitchen, leaving her in the dining room alone. I quickly kept the plates in the sink, washed my hands, and walked back, only to hear the most hurtful comment from her sister. "You're looking so bad in that dress, so short you're looking. You're already shorter than me; at least wear heels. And the neckline is so low; already your chest is so big, and it seems like they will fall out of your dress," she said softly, so no one else heard it. "Did I ask for your opinion?" She retorted.

"She is right after all; the dress looks so cheap. What are you even wearing? You have left this house, and now you're dressing like that. Don't your in-laws say anything?" Mom added, before she could reply back. "Aunty, I deeply respect you, but it's her wish what she wants to wear. And for your information, my parents don't care. Unlike you guys, they are modern, not stuck in the 18th century," I interjected.

"You know what, Dad? I'm done with this bullshit. All my life, I have heard you guys tell me how I'm fat, short, have such ugly acne. And then Ayaan came into my life and made me realize that parents telling their kids all this is not okay. And you know what? I'm done. Since we are having this talk, let's all sit down, and let me tell you everything from the start," she declared, and I felt proud of her.

"Dad, you hitting me while teaching me gave me deep-rooted trauma, so badly that even now, in my dreams, I can see you hitting me with a belt. Mom, you and Dad constantly telling me how I didn't work on increasing my height and kept telling me I don't do any exercise and criticizing my sleeping habits made me so insecure about myself that whenever I look in the mirror, all I can see is the girl who was a disappointment to her parents and was never beautiful enough."

"And since no one in this family ever gave me any respect, and I took it so easily, my younger sister treats me like shit, going around telling me that I don't deserve anything. And you know what, Dad? I'm happy you got me married to Ayaan. He gave me enough love that made me forget all my insecurities and love myself as much as he loves me. And honestly, I don't need anyone's love anymore."

"And I'm sure you probably won't care, but your daughter has been in depression for the last 6 years and was cutting herself. I have attempted suicide recently. And now I'm moving to Singapore with the only family that loves me despite not being perfect. And I'm sorry, everyone, that I couldn't be the granddaughter or niece or daughter you deserved. But I'm done being bullied by you."

"Since I've already said all this, let me also say that Ayaan and I are adopting a baby. I don't know why I told you guys that; your opinions don't matter. But you all will have no part in my kid's life," she finished, tears flowing down her eyes, and her nose dripping. She took my hand, and we walked out of the house hand in hand.

"Let's go have some of that fun you were talking about," she said, wiping her tears. I laughed, kissed her forehead, and side-hugged her, proud of my little baby, ready to give her the world. We both sat in the car and drove off in full speed. "Thank you!" she said, holding my hand. I looked at her questioningly. "You gave me the courage and love I needed for this confrontation." "No need to thank me, baby. It was my job as a dutiful hubby."

Soon, we were sitting on Chowpatty Beach with our feet in the water, hugging each other. Suddenly, raindrops started falling, and as soon as it started, it got heavy. Hand in hand, laughing, we ran like teen lovers. We saw a red double-decker bus, and we both made eye contact, agreeing silently. We stopped the bus and ran up the stairs, enjoying the Mumbai monsoon open bus ride.

After an hour or two, we got off at the same spot we had boarded and got in the car, heading home. As soon as mom and dad opened the doors, they had towels in their hands. "Had a mom feeling," she said, laughing. We both thanked her and ran up to the room. Giggling, as soon as we reached the room, I smashed my lips against hers and said, "Baby, what you said was so hot." "Was it now, Mr. Ayoo?" she teased and ran to the closet.

I suddenly remembered the letter I had written to her before the wedding and ran to the vanity, checking the drawer. After finally finding it, I ran to the closet and told her to open it and read it. As soon as she opened it and read it, her eyes filled with so much love. "Oh my god, this is so cute! I love it, Mr. Writer. Why didn't you give it to me then?" she asked me. I hugged her and said, "Well, you didn't particularly like me back then, and giving you this would have made you even more mad."

The rest of the evening, we spent cuddling in each other's embrace. And at night, the room filled with the silent moans and gasps of me and Nyesa.

 And at night, the room filled with the silent moans and gasps of me and Nyesa

9 more chapter to go!!