𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥

"In love's crazy dance, we take the lead, Your laughter,
the rhythm my heart does need.
With you, every day's a sweet jest,
Our love story, a comedy, no room for rest.
You're the punchline to my heart's best jest,
In your arms, love's laughter is truly the best"

Sensing the parchedness of my throat, I coughed softly before attempting to open my eyes, shielding them with my palm

Sensing the parchedness of my throat, I coughed softly before attempting to open my eyes, shielding them with my palm. "Baby, you're up?" Ayaan's voice reached me, and even before I could fully open my eyes, I found myself enveloped in a warm embrace. I weakly attempted to reciprocate the hug, hindered by the multitude of wires attached to my wrist.

Upon breaking the hug, he offered me a sip of water, and a dull ache throbbed in my head. "Thank you," I whispered appreciatively. Glancing at Ayaan, I observed the glistening in his eyes. "Hey, I'm okay. Don't worry; I'll be back to my old self in no time," I reassured with a slight laugh, pulling him gently towards me. He responded with a side hug and a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I'm sure you will, baby," I attempted to extricate the wires from my hand. "Baby, what are you doing? Are you crazy?" he exclaimed with concern, trying to dissuade me from pulling out the wires. "I don't like it; let's go home, please. I dislike unnecessary medicines, and I detest hospitals. Please, please take me home. I don't like it," I kept expressing, gradually succumbing to tears.

"Okay, okay, relax. Baby, you need this; you're extremely dehydrated. If there had been even a minute's delay, I would ha— but you fainted because of dehydration. You've been consuming so little water, baby. From now on, I'll ensure you stay hydrated, and you have to drink at least 5 liters of water each day," he emphasized.

What the heck? I don't even drink a single glass, and here he is talking about I don't know how many glasses.

I feel like I'll end myself—no kidding.

I hate my life.

No, you don't.

"Yes, that's correct, Mrs. Sharma. You have to increase your water intake, especially now," the doctor affirmed as she entered the room, holding a file with a broad smile on her face. Ayaan interjected, "What do you mean 'especially now'? Is everything okay?" His grip on my hand tightened, and a look of concern overtook his face.

What if I have some disease? What if he leaves me forever? This is precisely why I detest hospitals; all they bring is bad news and a lot of bad juju.

"All is completely fine; the blood reports are as good as they can be, Mr. Sharma. You are absolutely healthy and dandy, Ms. Sharma. I have another piece of good news for you; I hope you're ready," the female doctor said, literally jumping on her feet with excitement.

"Yes," my hubby said coldly, and I looked at him annoyed. Why is he so cold with everyone else? Anyway, I'm used to this behavior of his. "So, Mr. and Mrs. Sharma, you're almost 2 weeks into your pregnancy, and you merely fainted due to exhaustion and dehydration, not because—" the doctor was abruptly cut off.