𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔: 𝐅𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬

"In love's comedy, we're the main act,
Your jokes and kisses, an irresistible pact.
Through quirks and laughter, our story's spun,
Forever partners in mischief and fun.
Our love's a sitcom, and you're the star,
In this crazy show, no distance too far."

"Let's proceed stealthily, okay?" I whispered to the two celestial beings flanking me as we stealthily navigated from the kitchen to our room

"Let's proceed stealthily, okay?" I whispered to the two celestial beings flanking me as we stealthily navigated from the kitchen to our room. It's December 16th, Ayaan's birthday. The little ones clutched carefully chosen gifts for him, and I carried a chocolate cake we had prepared.

Upon entering, I placed the cake delicately on the side table by the bed. The toddlers leaped onto the bed, arousing him from slumber. Startled, he woke up, and a sudden bout of shyness overwhelmed me. As the little ones extended their birthday wishes, I gathered some courage, retrieved the cake, and placed it on the bed, illuminating the candle.

"Are you okay, baby?" he inquired with concern. Understandably, it was his birthday, and I was momentarily mute. "Yeah, why would you think something's wrong with me? Of course, you do," I retorted angrily. "Okay, relax. Come here, you baby mama," he said, pulling me onto his lap and nudging the cake a bit farther away.

Amidst my tantrums, both toddlers and he burst into laughter, leaving me pouting. He kissed my forehead. "Come on, babies. Let's cut the cake, and then I can open the gifts you got me, okay?" he suggested, and I nodded. Each of us, including the toddlers, placed our hands over his as we cut the cake together.

I fed him a small piece, and the toddlers mimicked me. "Happy birthday," I grumbled to him, fully indulging in my desire to throw tantrums. "Gifts, gifts, gifts," the children chanted. I got off his lap, positioning both toddlers on mine as Ayaan began unwrapping Cas's and Hazie's gifts.

They presented him with a striking poster that I had assisted in creating. It featured 'I love you DAD,' adorned with beautiful family pictures, individual snapshots, and moments with the kids. It was a considerate and exquisite gift.

"Wow, this is beautiful. Come here, my loves," he said, and both kids left my lap to embrace him, instantly lifting my grumpy mood. Alongside the poster, they gifted him a Ralph Lauren blue shirt.With the kids still on his lap, he proceeded to unwrap my gift. Being an artist, I couldn't resist crafting something by hand. The first item he extracted was a frame I had made, housing the most romantic pictures of us, dried petals from the roses he had given me initially, gold flakes, newspaper cutouts, and our song 'Aakhon Se Batana.'

"Aww, Mumma, so cute. This is so pretty," Hazie exclaimed. Ayaan locked eyes with me, his gaze conveying everything, and his radiant smile indicating that this gift held more significance to him than any other material possession I could have given him.

The next item was a Patek Philippe black watch, almost depleting my savings, and a beautifully handcrafted ivory floral silk shawl. Spoiling him with gifts is the primary motivation for me to continue working and earning – a desire to reciprocate the spoils.